Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mystery Tour!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Well, anyone got their money yet? Or have they left the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ive got their money, and it feels so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Was just in the student centre there - rambling around the place and they're now posters up all over the place staying refunds are now in the student bar - lad they really need to make there mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Prob security issues. So theres 30k in cash sitting behind the bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Don't think so - think they need to issue about 600 refunds today. That's how many tickets are outstanding as far as I know.

So lads, student bar back door is often open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

How many people availled of the actual free night in the bar deal?

hmm, wonder if any comp tickets will be refunded...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

I was €30 richer about half one today, but then i spent it! So technically I didn't spend anything today, which i'm quite happy about :D

Well under IAS 18, revenue recognition....if I knew how to finish that sentence I wouldnt have just failed my accounting exam

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Hi Guys and Gals,
    I was absent from college today(flu), and my housemate who I gave my ticket to, went to student centre..saw noone there..shrugged her shoulders and left. I realise now that the refunds were taking place in the student bar. Is there anyone in B&L / Q SOC that can let me know who i can contact to get my refund??
    Much appreciated

• Advertisement

Sent this email to SU today, and awaiting a response:

"Still waiting for some form of contact from the B&L society for an Mystery Tour that they never hosted on the 12th October. The only mystery now is "Where are our refunds?". As it's over a month later, I think that the possibility of the B&L soc volunteering a refund is unlikely. I am aware that there are at least 150 tickets left to be refunded, and I feel that the SU in its capacity should highlight the issue and pressure the society to issue these refunds without further delay"

Joe Bloggs

Anyone in the know??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

There was a list in the SU corridor where you could put your name down and they were going to give it to the B&L.
    The union finance officer is on the B&L commitee, so you might try to corner him in the corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

The SU aren't really the people to email on it, but if the list is still on the door of the General Office then lash it down there too. The Union Accommodation & Employment Officer is the Auditor of QSoc so perhaps go to him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

Hmmmm......almost positive there are no refunds being given out anymore......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Hmmmm......almost positive there are no refunds being given out anymore......:(

it's not really an option for them, their obligated to refund money to anyone with a ticket I would imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

humbert wrote:
    it's not really an option for them, their obligated to refund money to anyone with a ticket I would imagine!
    They gave plenty of oppurtunity for people to claim, thats all they have to do afaik

Well there was an article about it in one of the college weeklys there back bout fortnight ago, and apparently they don't have the money to stump up.

What I don't get..is the fact that there IS STILL 150 tickets yet to be refunded. 800 i think in total, so that's almost 1/4 of the tickets!

TBH the fact that there is 150 unclaimed speaks for itself, that many more like me got caught on the hop with the poorly publicised one-day-only refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

If you persist I'd say you'll manage to get your money. you simply can't sell something and then not provide it, doesn't wash!

There was a list in the SU corridor where you could put your name down and they were going to give it to the B&L.
    The union finance officer is on the B&L commitee, so you might try to corner him in the corridor.
    Or you could get the finance Officer/B&L Auditor and Accomodation Officer/Q-soc Auditor numbers from any Union publication or University Observer and ring them like a million times. If they stop answering their phones then you can go bug them. I'd be glad to help you track them down. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ok what I've heard is that they are no longer obligated to give more refunds but I THINK (according to the paper) they'll offer refunds again, though if I was a gambling woman, this could be down the track a bit when they have money to pay ppl back. Like gubbie said just harass the auditors + I'd say u'll get it eventually.

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote:
    Or you could get the finance Officer/B&L Auditor and Accomodation Officer/Q-soc Auditor numbers from any Union publication or University Observer and ring them like a million times. If they stop answering their phones then you can go bug them. I'd be glad to help you track them down. :rolleyes:

That sounds great gubbie. If you're serious, then that might be the route to go!!! But before we take out the battering ram, how many of you (if any!!) are waiting for a refund?? Maybe we could join forces to form a superpower?!! ..captain planet style :-p

smartblaa wrote:
    That sounds great gubbie. If you're serious, then that might be the route to go!!! But before we take out the battering ram, how many of you (if any!!) are waiting for a refund?? Maybe we could join forces to form a superpower?!! ..captain planet style :-p
    Not awaiting any payment, just like stalking :) Will help all you want. You'd better get your ass in motion-sooner the better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That's rubbish. I'm sorry, but those societies should have been able to not only arrange the whole thing in the correct way but also should have had adequate insurance against the event not going ahead. I also don't think they should be bailed out - unless the societies council/finance committee gives them a loan to the tune of what they owe those 150 people so they get their money back. If it means the societies are put on probation until the money is paid back, so be it. They made the bed, they can finance lying in it.

Blush_01 wrote:
    That's rubbish. I'm sorry, but those societies should have been able to not only arrange the whole thing in the correct way but also should have had adequate insurance against the event not going ahead. I also don't think they should be bailed out - unless the societies council/finance committee gives them a loan to the tune of what they owe those 150 people so they get their money back. If it means the societies are put on probation until the money is paid back, so be it. They made the bed, they can finance lying in it.

Blush_01 I totally agree with you, and to be honest. Every time I see a new B&L QSoc event fliered and postered around campus it makes my blood boil, as it's my money that they're using to pay for them!! I think if they were put on probation that we would get a faster response. In my opinion they are waiting for the calm after the storm...for people to throw away their tickets and forget about a refund.

We need to look at ways to highlight the issue whether its pestering them with phonecalls, standing outside their office..fcuk it..dare-i-say tear down posters for their new events to the value of E30!!! :D

I'm getting evil plans.....

Anyone got any suggestions to throw a spanner in the works.
    We should all know as students that the best way to get something done is to highlight this disaster and really piss them off in the process. :D

Qsoc are on probation and if the B&L were put on probation that would severly limit their ability to raise the money needed for a refund.

I am on the Societies Finance committee. Though each member in and of themselves does not have a lot of power, the matter of the refunds will be foremost on my mind when the B&L grant application comes up (Qsoc are only getting €250 I think)

Friends of the little man*,
    Paddy

*Aka begrudger of the big man

Qsoc are on probation and if the B&L were put on probation that would severly limit their ability to raise the money needed for a refund.

I am on the Societies Finance committee. Though each member in and of themselves does not have a lot of power, the matter of the refunds will be foremost on my mind when the B&L grant application comes up (Qsoc are only getting €250 I think)

I appreciate your honesty Kaptain, and I do believe that you will make every attempt necessary. But don't you feel that we should be given some sort of text from the societies in question with a date that we should expect our refunds?? They're very keen on textin me about their next events........

I can do two things on your behalf if you like.
    I can act in my capacity on the societies finance committee and hopefully make any grant conditional on a provision being made to refund members like yourself.
    I'll see what I can do, there seems to be a distinct lack of documentation around the roles,duties and powers of committee members.

The second, is in my capacity as a SU councillor. If you would like either my speaking rights or for me to propose a motion on your behalf I will.

I wont stand for anyone being bullied, I want to see ppl like you get their money and an apology.
    Though I know both Skinny and Mike Pat and they're not bad ppl. They've always been helpful to me.

Im Paddy Phelan btw

Sorry I should have said, the grants dont come through till next term, so if I can do anything it might be Feb before B&L hand out more refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well in any case I think your best bet is to head down to the union corridor + ask for Mike Pat or Stephen. If neither are there you can get their phone numbers anyway + demand your money back. If you aren't satisfied with their response then c what else you can do.

Apparently they have fufilled their obligation by having a day of refunds BUT the venue was changed without txts being sent out so legally they don't have a foot to stand on. The auditors are both nice chaps + i'd say you'll get it sorted, but if you don't, you can threaten + pursue small claims court action. I think u've to pay €6.35 but like if I didn't get my money back it's what I'd do.

• Advertisement

Ive just been down the SU corridor on seperate business, there is a list on the general office door. Put your details on that list.
    Both lads are approachable and helpful, they'll sort you out without legal action

Advertisement