Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding The DS

Options
  • 05-10-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Well im getting a nintendo ds lite how do i mod it where will i get the cards and stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm sure they do, and I'm also sure they can't tell you here (at least regarding the downloading).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

maxconsole.com have all the info you need.

Basically you'll need to spend about 100euro on the few bits of gear you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ye well cheers..
    will a 14yr old be able to do it all lol..???
    could you post what stuff i need to get or gimme a link for what i need to order cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

it's the simplest mod you'll ever do. All your doing is basically plugging in 2 fake game card, one of which containg a memory card.

The main thing for me was to make sure the thing fitted flush with rthe bconsole slot and didn't stick out. The older and/or cheaper ones might.

Here's one... http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=content&itemid=209

Check the forums on that site for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

Hi , I have modded a few of them , (flashed the ds instead of using the passcard in the back.)
    basically you need a few things , and the problem is that there is loads of options.

If you have a ds lite then I would recommed you get a supercard lite.
    get someone to flash your DS , and then get a mini sd card 512mb upwards.

one you have the ds modded then you have to put the homebrew on the memory card. some homebrew etc will have to be patched before you play it on the supercard.

let me know if you have any other questions

• Advertisement

The supercard lite seems to be sold out everywhere at the moment , I was trying to get some in there for a few friends.

If you have the normal ds or if you dont mind your cartridge sticking out a little bit in your ds lite, then the supercard mini sd is the best value and easier to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

just found the best ds mod chip...it has a 4gb harddrive and only 120euro..you dont need to buy all the other cards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

just found the best ds mod chip...it has a 4gb harddrive and only 120euro..you dont need to buy all the other cards

And are you going to tell us the name of this thing? :rolleyes:

Just to let you know the DS-Xtreme (DS-X) 4Gb All-In-One Flash Storage Solution

is 4 gigabit , which is really 512 mb.
    Personally I would flash , and use a card that supports multiple memory cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Well I have one on pre-order. Ships tomorrow I think. I'll let you all know how it goes once it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

brianon wrote:
    Well I have one on pre-order. Ships tomorrow I think. I'll let you all know how it goes once it arrives.

Brianon,

is it the DS-Xtreme you have ordered??

How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it from??

Could you also update on how you got on with it??

Cheers

Branners

DS-Xtreme? Yeah.

Still not arrived. Once it does I'll post some thoughts.

brianon wrote:
    Once it does I'll post some thoughts.

Would appreciate that, cheers!!

Where did you order from, if you dont mind me asking!! And did it cost the €120 as suggested above??

branners69 wrote:
    Would appreciate that, cheers!!

Where did you order from, if you dont mind me asking!! And did it cost the €120 as suggested above??

http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/

Think it cost me about €110. There was a delay with gettingit in stock and mine will be sent with the second batch (end of this week they say).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

whats alternative to ds extreme that doesnt has **** sticking out like the 4gb harddrive on ur psp

afaik thats one of the dsxtreme selling points. Its the only one that doesn't stick out of the DS slot.

the supercard ds lite does not stick out at all.

well yeah of course I knew that ;)

I am looking to get the modding equipment for the Nintendo DS for two friends , was wondering if anyone else would be interested, We might be able to get a better price?

validis_ wrote:
    I am looking to get the modding equipment for the Nintendo DS for two friends , was wondering if anyone else would be interested, We might be able to get a better price?

Count me in, am interested in modding my ds but dont really know what I need!!

Was thinking of the DS-Xtreme, which one you interested in??

Brianon did your DS-Xtreme arrive yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If I was getting a flash card for my DS, I'd sit back for a few weeks. The NinjaDS crowd announced the Ninja X9 Micro SD, M3 are due to come out with their own slot 1 offering soon. Be patient, let the dust settle, and get the best one.

Just my 2c.

I have been looking at them for a while , what I want is:
    A device thats:
    not ugly:
    Easy to use:
    Uses external memory (so you can always upgrade it)
    Will run GBA as well as DS software.

For the DS the supercard mini sd does the trick, for the DS lite the supercard mini sd or the supercard lite meet my needs. The new ninja solutions do not seem to run game boy advance games. The super card is tried and tested and they are releasing regular firmwares.

What I am thinking is
    Supercard Mini sd,
    512 or 1gb mini sd card,
    then I can flash your DS or DS lite (flashed 5 to date for various friends) that means you do not need a second card in the DS and saves you money.
    and then a mini sd card reader to load your content onto the card?

Looked into it more , and can have the following by next week:
    This will work with any nintendo DS and is all that you need to run ds homebrew etc , gba software and snes , nes emulators etc.

Supercard mini SD with a 1gb card, and Flash mod of DS for 85
    Supercard mini SD with a 512gb card, and Flash mod of DS for 70

anyone takers ?

Would the ds-extreme not be better seeing as it slots in without jutting out??

And its only €30 more at €110.

Well the supercard lite does not jut out, would have twice the storage capacity , and play gameboy advance games and still cost less, think they are back in stock next week. supercard lite only works on the ds lite , but the supercard mini sd works on both

maybe we could get a few of each depending on what you guys had?

validis_ wrote:
    Well the supercard lite does not jut out, would have twice the storage capacity , and play gameboy advance games and still cost less, think they are back in stock next week. supercard lite only works on the ds lite , but the supercard mini sd works on both

maybe we could get a few of each depending on what you guys had?

I have the normal ds, does the supercard lite do anything extra over the supercard mini sd?? As I'd have no problems getting a ds lite if it was worth my while upgrading.

no the only difference is : it uses micro sd instead of mini sd, also the supercard mini sd is designed to fit in the gba slot at the front of the normal DS, it also fits in the DS lite (but sticks out slightly)

my ds xtreme has arrived...except I'm at work :(

I hate when that happens ,
    at least you have the weekend to play , sure let us know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

brianon wrote:
    my ds xtreme has arrived...except I'm at work :(

hey can u please let us know how the battery gets along too

Advertisement