Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding The DS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

Have everything you need to mod the ds / ds lite kit for sale in adverts.ie , twice as much memory as the ds extreme , plays GBA software and is between 25- 40 euro less then the ds extreme. Two people have posted their own feedback on it to date , anyway wanted to say there are 2 left if anyone is interested?

Brianon : How is the ds-extreme going? can you give us some info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

ds-xtreme going really well. haven't tried any homebrew yet. just some...other stuff.

Good quick startup time. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hows battery life, how much it cost delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Just out of interest how many ds roms do ya reckon ud fit on the ds xtreme and the supercard minisd?

validis_ does the supercard mini connect to a pc via a usb?

The supercard mini sd uses a minisd card , I have a sd card adaptor for it , so I normally use the memory card reader to load software onto it.
    you would fit 10 -15 on the ds xetreme, (512mb) and then twice as much on the supercard 1024mb

• Advertisement

Wheres the best websites to buy them?
    Thanks for ur help anyway!

I have one supercard for sale, need to confirm this evening, its for sale on adverts.ie €85 for a 1gb one , and everything you need.

I seen ur add on adverts although id rather get one that doesnt stick out from the gba slot!

If i change my mind il give ya ashout though!

Anybody else have info on the ds xtreme or m3 lite?

m3 lite best solution for ds+gba backups. doesnt stick out , uses mini sd. DIFFERENCE B/W PRO AND PERFECT, i think pros the real one, perfects cut down one.

NINJ x9 pass , new **** , already out, takes micro sd.

ACEKARD new **** - comming out soon, allegedly 100% compatibilioty rate. micr/mini sd.

WAIT FOR IT.

ACEKARD looks nice , but neither of them play gameboy advance games, the mini sd supercard does not stick out of the DS , it does stick out slightly on the ds lite , I have inc pics of it.

The supercard lite for the ds lite does not stick out at all, and is lower priced then those cards above , and plays gba games.

• Advertisement

Yeah that ACEKARD looks pretty good alright, il probly wait for that one.
    Unless i come across an m3 lite or supercard lite before its released!

lads just sent bamboogaming.com a msg, they wrote back saying ace.kard is in stock and they will start shipping on monday, takes 14-20 days to deliver to us and delivery is only 7 euros i checked, card it self is 40 i think.
    does anyone know any other sites?
    keep this off maxconsole for now btw, or else theyll be sold out !

Havnt heard many good things about the acekard! So i think im gonna go ahead and get a supercard lite anyone here know the best website to get them?

well all slot 2 solutions last 4 hours,
    so does acekard, seems to have pretty much 100% compatibility , only down side is AFKS system and they way it stores games.

might buy DSX if batterys better.

all dont support downloaded play to normal ds [unflashed], acekard is 50/50,
    DSX does support download play so would be good to get if i wanna play with friends etc

Well i decided to get the supercard lite i really wasnt arsed waiting for the ds xtreme to come back in stock. I would recommend it to anyone intersted in getting a mod for the ds. I got a 1gb micro sd, twice the amount of space as the ds xtreme and the added bonus of playing nes and gba games.

For anyone interesed i got it from supercardstore.com, placed the order sunday evening and it arrived this morning (friday). Highly recommended!

amazing, fact download play doesnt work with sc lite [or so i thought] i wanted to get dsx despite size restrictions or maybe wait a bit for more acekard reviews,.

might jump boat with sc card with u, apparently battery is 4.5 hours on all cards and here i though dsx would save more battery [HUMBUG !!!]

how much it cost u all together? delivered. did u get card from there too ?

I got a black supercard lite, superpass, 1gb micro sd and a memory card reader for €130 including delivery and vat and everything. You could get a 2gb micro sd for an extra 35 if ya really want. Best thing is if you order now you will have it by next week and they are very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

just got my m3lite and passcard, have tried out a few ROMs, works perfecto. Just wondering if anyone knows of a homebrew internet browser for the lite, just read on game that the one to buy doesnt work on the light which sounds odd?

m3lite and theres m3perfect one of them has less gba support cause of restricted ram so cant run brower id say.

m3 and supercard now have slot 1 solutions, check them out in maxconsole and gbatemp forums, they look similar to new R4 aswell.

hopefully theyre as good as the slot2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Placebo wrote:
    m3lite and theres m3perfect one of them has less gba support cause of restricted ram so cant run brower id say.

m3 and supercard now have slot 1 solutions, check them out in maxconsole and gbatemp forums, they look similar to new R4 aswell.

hopefully theyre as good as the slot2.

lol forgot all about this thread anyways i got my supercard on boards and got loadsa games on it now hehe...but since this is still here can i put mp3s/mp4s on my ds can anyone help me with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Hope someone can help me.

I have a supercard CF from my GBAsp.
    Just got a DSLite. I don't want to go an buy a passme2 card as all i want to do is use flashmen one and away i go.

If someone is living near rush and has a passme2 card that will let me use flashme
    I would pay ya.

Cheers Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

am i right in understanding that the superkey or passkey only needs to be done once.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

yep a once only job if you install flashme. its a custom firmware with a bootloader on it.

passkey needs to be in everytime u boot the slot 2 solutions

slot 1 solutions have built in pass me.

if u dont wanna use pass me etc u gotta flash ur ds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

so has anyone got the device for flashing the ds that i could borrow or will it only do on ds

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Well, Im going to oreder the G6(Lite) it comes with adapter for the lite and the slot 2, it plays GBA and DS and is fairy well supported. Very easy to use, which is all i wanted. Just gotta get around to ordering it. Dunno where from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Glazun wrote:
    Well, Im going to oreder the G6(Lite) it comes with adapter for the lite and the slot 2, it plays GBA and DS and is fairy well supported. Very easy to use, which is all i wanted. Just gotta get around to ordering it. Dunno where from though.

I have the G6 and it's pretty good. you'll neeed to keep up to date with firmware for the card as the brand new games might not work. You can get Snes games to play also, but u need to convert them to gba roms.

The GUI is pretty snazzy too, highly recommend this card.

wait and get R4 or m3one.
    do people still play gba games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Wheres the best/most reliable place to buy the r4 or m3? I've been trying on modchipstore, but it keeps telling me my billing address is invalid on the CC check :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

i got to the bit where it added shipping on modchipstore hope it works for me when i buy a few next week...

Advertisement