Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding The DS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

hey, warzonebrother, i ended up ordering 2 M3 simplys from realhotstuff.com

Discount Coupon RHS07 applied: -$4.50
    Sub-Total: $85.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.44lbs) (Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single)): $11.50
    Total: $97.00
    (with coupon 'RHS07' from here for 5% off :D )

this was opposed to 2x r4's from modchiptore:

Subtotal:
    $ 89.90 (€ 67.79)
    Discount:
    $ 0.00 (€ 0.00)
    Shipping:
    $ 21.40 (€ 16.14)
    Tax:
    $ 0.00 (€ 0.00)

ORDER TOTAL:
    $ 111.30 (€ 83.92)

Hope this helps. bit cheaper, but USPS delivery. All up to yourself i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

what do you thinks best r4 or m3 simply...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

what do you thinks best r4 or m3 simply...

whichever is cheaper afaics. The hardware is virtually the same (rumours its the same), and According to a less credible forum, there are patches out already to install m3 s/w onto the r4 card.
    check here ( http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8291 )

Problem is, they're both pretty new, and no decent reviews or comparrisons online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Just bought the M3 Simply from realhotstuff.com
    THanks alastair_doom.
    Hopefully the shipping is quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well R4 review is up, seems like download play works for some games, 100% compatiblity, i think il stick with r4, m3 has been having some issues with games[although fixed with future updates]

heres the review
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41279

thanks for price difference there, what memory cards are u getting? and from where

• Advertisement

also http://www.cheapmod.net/
    has free delivery on all DS products

so 2 x r4 = 66 gbp = 97 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

I bought my sister a NinjaX9 for Christmas. No flashing or messing and it works perfectly.

Placebo wrote:
    also http://www.cheapmod.net/
    has free delivery on all DS products

so 2 x r4 = 66 gbp = 97 euro.

i think ill get an r4 bundle with the card reader card etc..

yeah man thats real, good, that site seems bit over priced though.
    r4pricechart.gif

game yeaah seem to have it cheapest

do they ship to ireland?i was thinking of getting 1gb bundle at modchipstore.com for 76euro posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

got a ds-x yesterday, total class, speed ease of use, homebrew ,,the works... Bit expensive tough.. I think it may be worth and extra 30e over the micro sd solutions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

aidankk wrote:
    I think it may be worth and extra 30e over the micro sd solutions..
    How, you can't upgrade capacity, and the R4 seems a better solution imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

zabbo wrote:
    How, you can't upgrade capacity, and the R4 seems a better solution imo.

yep but who is really going to fillup a card it will fit between 5 and 15 games, or a huge amount of emulation.. Its so fast and easy to move games from pc, surely only a couple of games are played at the same time...

R4 does seem good tough, and long term i see the point, but on the homebrew side the ds-x is top at the moment..

whats the point in videos and stuff like that if its only 512mb...and is modchipstore.com reliable just to confirm for a friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Hex

Hey all, first post, came over from Wiffy.ie and I'm thinking about buying the r4 from modchipstore.com, but I want to know if it's a safe site. Has anybody here ever ordered anything from it?

Thanks. :)

just got my supercard lite rumble and i am now awaiting for my micro sd card the supercard lite supports NDS roms,GBA roms(unless its the rumble version which mine is)videos,mp3s and e books so it is very good.The rumble one cost me 44euro and then an extra 7euro for tracked mail(which really i should not of got) the micro sd card 1gb cost me 20euro and is being shipped from hong kong as i ordered it on ebay to get these on sites you would be looking at around 40euro so your best bet is ebay and try getting a UK seller.I will post what it is like when i get my card which could be 2 weeks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I got ds-x before Christmas, and it has been brilliant everything works great... It is expensive but worth every penny..
    I cant see why people want more memory because there is no need to carry around so many games..
    And ds-x makes it so easy to put the games on to it.

Thanks everyone for all the advice, you're all so helpful. :)

Forgot to say that I used modchipstore.com to get my Ds-x and they are brilliant to order from :D

~Marky~ wrote:
    Forgot to say that I used modchipstore.com to get my Ds-x and they are brilliant to order from :D

Thank you! My original question was if they were reliable or not. Now I can order my R4! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

Hex wrote:
    Thank you! My original question was if they were reliable or not. Now I can order my R4! :D

I'm getting one of those too :)

got mine at
    cheap-mod.net

uk site, fast deliv.

r4=best thing ever

Guys whats the difference between the m3 and the r4? does it matter which one I buy? :confused: and what is a good slot 2 device for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 washburn085

i have the R4. I have the R4 fimware and M3 simply fimware on two different micro sd cards, both work on the R4. The R4 and M3 simply are the same card, I understand that they just produced the M3 simply to keep the M3 fanbase. The R4 updats come out a few days before the M3 simply since it is the main card.

I do not think it matters which one you get. From my experience I have the R4, I use both the R4 and M3 simply firmware on it. I play my .NDS and movie files on R4, and play roms/doom and use the organizer for the M3 simply. Micro sd cards are cheap, so get a few 1GB. Here is a link to a pretty well known memory seller/store on ebay:Here
    When this auction ends, just check out his others for the 1GB Toshiba micro sd cards.

For either of these you WANT the Toshiba micro sd or Japanese Kingston (not the ones made in Taiwan, which are more common).

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭wiseolsham

Its a bit late in the day I know but I ordered a DS-X from mod-chip.com. Anyone used these guys? Reviews on the web seemed way better than modchipstore.com

well i got r4 on modchipstore only ordered it on thursday great site

well i got r4 on modchipstore only ordered it on thursday great site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The FPGA Ace up the DS-X's sleeve has yet to be played.

Modchipstore are the best without a doubt..I ordered a m3 Simply and it came 3 days later :D When I ordered from mod-chip.com it took weeks to get my Ds-x because they did not get them for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

I got my brother in England to order my DS-X from modchip-store.co.uk about a week and a half ago and I still haven't recieved any word from it :(

Advertisement