Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding The DS

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Placebo wrote:
    yeah man thats real, good, that site seems bit over priced though.
    r4pricechart.gif

game yeaah seem to have it cheapest
    Cheers M8 great research.
    Just ordered one from Gameyeeeah ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

~Marky~ wrote:
    Modchipstore are the best without a doubt..I ordered a m3 Simply and it came 3 days later :D When I ordered from mod-chip.com it took weeks to get my Ds-x because they did not get them for ages.
    I'd agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm liking the look of the R4DS from Gameyeeeah.com. What sort of Delivery time are we looking at on that does any know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

this works out at 51 euro including postage,does anyone know if they are reliable?

http://www.winsunx.com/index.php?mod=ware&id=10

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

paid 70euro for my M3 simply out of Spain via Ebay.. Worked out more if i had to buy the actual M3 card and the Micro SD card.. should be here soon.. hopefully.

• Advertisement

Cheapest place to buy an R4 is Dealextreme
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1202
    Works out at about €24 delivered or €34 for the R4 and 1Gb card combo.
    They are legit and ship from Hong Kong via registered post.
    Delivery is free too.
    I received 2 this week and they are the biz.

How long did it take to arrive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 truewarrior

Be warned,

DealExtreme sell fakes.

Check out under the Wii section: WiiKey.

Read the comments.

Under the comments for the r4ds not a single person has reported a fake,and it seems that dealExtreme did not know that the wiikeys were fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cheapmod.net are uk and take like 2 days.
    worth the extra 5-10 euro

• Advertisement

How long did it take to arrive?
    About 2 weeks.
    They are not fakes either,they are the real deal.
    Placebo wrote:
    cheapmod.net are uk and take like 2 days.
    worth the extra 5-10 euro
    They are over €20 extra there.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

One thing about the R4.Does using it negatively affect the battery life of the Lite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

One thing about the R4.Does using it negatively affect the battery life of the Lite?

Yes I believe it does according to a mate but I have the M3 though so I cant confirm.

I assume that it only shortens the battery life while th R4 is being used,right?

Yes I believe it does according to a mate but I have the M3 though so I cant confirm.
    I thought the M3 and R4 are exactly the same product just with different names?How doe the M3 affect battery life?I mean if I was just using it to play normal DS roms how long would the battery last on a full charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The card uses more power reading the micro-SD than you would normally use up reading from a game card, so the battery life is affected. If it works like the Slot 2 cards, games that are loaded from the SD into the card's memory use up less power than games that are streamed from the SD as you play them. Can't say how long the battery lasts though, I've never worn it down in a single sitting :)

Ordering just before easter and just before going on holiday wasnt the smartest thing.. <_< I want my M3..

There's no difference between R4 and M3? Just the R4 gets its updates before the M3.. o_O why does the R4 exist then?

Ordering just before easter and just before going on holiday wasnt the smartest thing.. <_< I want my M3..

There's no difference between R4 and M3? Just the R4 gets its updates before the M3.. o_O why does the R4 exist then?

Glazun wrote:
    Ordering just before easter and just before going on holiday wasnt the smartest thing.. <_<
    Agreed.I desperately want mine to arrive.........and I don't even have a DS yet.I just want it so that I can make sure it works.........You never can trust those Chinese........

>.>

<.<

¬.¬

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

anyone order one of these lately ???
    Need to get one fairly lively !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If your in a hurry try gameyeeeah.com , they use dhl . I got my order off them in less than 5 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Or you could check adverts.ie (quickly!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 unifilvet

I bought 2 R4s. The first i ordered from www.supercardnds.com and it arrived in 3 days, no probs. Then i realised it would be very handy to have another card so i ordered from www.gameyeeeah.com and have been waiting 3 weeks now lol. so much for snail(air) mail lol.
    Never realised how good the R4 was until i bought 1. Even updating the kernal is easy, although the new version 1.17 is giving some trouble, had to go back to v1.16.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Word on the street is the R4 factory has been shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thought it must have been something like that, as the shortage of R4 cards was going on a little too long...

Ordered some CycloDS cards from electrobee.com on Friday... Hope they don't take too long to get here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone know of a good SNES emulator for the DS? I tried a few and I found them quite buggy. I just want to play Mortal Kombat!!

Advertisement