Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your o2 number in england and topping up questions...

• 05-10-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

When I have my 086 number in the UK what does it become??

Im in london

Also do you need to have credit in it for people to ring you??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It stays the same. I think O2 charge 59c a minute to receive a call BUT they may have a roaming agreement now where it's free to receive calls for Pay as you Go customers. Best place to check would be the O2 website or ring their customer care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Do a few digits not go before it??? like xxx86

Also I lost my english phone at the week end. This number is on my cv?

Is it possible to still use this number? its virgin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

when ringing someone who is roaming you need the international access code and drop the preceeding 0.

In our case this is +353.

So to get 086 1234567 while they are abroad you need to dial +353 86 1234567

I've always found that you need to have credit in your phone to receive calls.

I know but what if this is in london and you want someone here to ring you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

it's the same number

+353 86 1234567

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Um, if you're in London (or anywhere else for that matter), and you want someone in Ireland to ring you, they can just dial 086 xxx xxxx as they usually would. No need for any special codes.

If you want someone in London to ring you on your Irish mobile, they need to dial +353 86 xxx xxxx, just like if you were still in Ireland.

The only thing that is different is that if you're in London with your Irish O2 mobile, and you want to ring me in Ireland, you must dial the country code as well, you can't just dial 086 xxx xxxx you would usually do.

This is the only difference.

Understood? :D

doesnt work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It should work. To dial any Irish number from any landline or mobile, you put 00353 before it and drop the preceding 0. This is truncated to +353 on mobiles.

Eg.

To dial 01 1234567, you would dial on a landline, 00353 1 1234567. Sames goes for mobiles. Don't bother with the +, just use 00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

marcphisto wrote:
    when ringing someone who is roaming you need the international access code and drop the preceeding 0.

In our case this is +353.

So to get 086 1234567 while they are abroad you need to dial +353 86 1234567

I've always found that you need to have credit in your phone to receive calls.
    You don't need to put any country codes on someones phone number to ring them when they are roaming but you're back home in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

If you are abroad then the following is true:
    • people in Ireland dial you as normal: ie: 086 xxxxxxx
    • if you are dialling ireland you need to dial: 00353 xx xxxxxxx
    • if you are sending a text, send as normal, no need to prefix with 00353

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hub wrote:
    doesnt work...
    Perhaps a silly question - but do you have roaming enabled on your phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

When Roaming ..make sure you show your number (dont withhold your cid)..That can block you from making a call..

Advertisement