Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Keyboard

Options
  • 05-10-2006 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I saw one of these on telly the other day, neat little virtual keyboard. If only a wee bit cheaper (though can probably be purchsed cheaply elsewhere). Link from Amazon.com

btvkb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. they're nifty but can't imagine myself getting used to it!

I thought Komplett had them at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mmm, seen those before alright... it's novel, but I'd imagine typing on it would be a bit uncomfortable/annoying.
    I imagine screams of "WHO'S MAKING THAT FINGER DRUMMING SOUND???!!! SHUUUTT UUUPPPP!!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

..but I'd imagine typing on it would be a bit uncomfortable/annoying.
    I imagine screams of "WHO'S MAKING THAT FINGER DRUMMING SOUND???!!! SHUUUTT UUUPPPP!!!" :D
    Or someone unaware of it in the office near you starts tapping similarly and humming.. then shouts "...was it Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mmm, seen those before alright... it's novel, but I'd imagine typing on it would be a bit uncomfortable/annoying.

Yep, would be a bit of a head wrecker alright. Besides if you get angry, you can't really smash it or have the same effect of a regular qwerty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have one. It sucks ass, and boy does it ever suck ass. It's incredibly cool, speaking as someone who has spent the bones of 20k on gadgety stuff over the last 2 years, I really wanted for this to be worth the money. It's very difficult to type properly using it. Not just because your fingers are hitting a surface that doesn't retract, but because the tracking is difficult. You need to be so deliberate where and when you put your fingers.

Now having said all that, it is very cool, I use it with my n93 in Laptop mode, and people are blown away, it never ever fails to make people stop and look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Could be a bit hard to see if your in a bright room...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

JohnK wrote:
    Could be a bit hard to see if your in a bright room...

It's actually okay even in strong sunlight.

Advertisement