Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need Help

• 05-10-2006 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I need some help or advice. I can only get into one server on COD2 MP DM which is LAG DM. The problem is many fold. First of all, that's the only server that I can get into as most of the others are for "low ping players" or need a password. For some reason, the other servers I used to be able to get into are no longer available like AOW GOO. Where do they go?
    That being one issue. The other is that with LAG DM, I get bad server reception. There are multiple times when I get connection interruptions. Also the lag is so bad that my kills are getting fewer and fewer. While during the game, I'm shooting directly at someone within feet away, in Kill Cam, I find that I'm shooting in one direction while being killed by that guy who has moved. Awful lag. So....
    Why can't I find other servers to play in? (there used to be over a thousand now down to about 350).
    What can I do about the lag? (I've changed settings to 250 colors already but doesn't make a difference)

I'm still on dial up but I can't possibly be the only one.

Thanks for any help you can give.

King Noob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KING NOOB wrote:
    I'm still on dial up but I can't possibly be the only one.
    Well there's your problem right there...

I'm afraid you probably are one of the few online gamers still using dial-up. You just can't play FPS games with a 56k connection. There's just no point. Unless you have a very good 56k connection (slow but no lag and variance in pings) and you know how to compensate for the massive ping, you're just going to get owned everytime you go online...

Get a better connection if you can King Noob (ISDN even!). Or play Single Player only... These are your only 2 options I'm afraid... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DanTheMan1

Spot on Steffano2002

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

plus you'll get kicked off alot if not most servers for high ping and lag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KING NOOB

Well, I just don't get it. I know that dial up is less than wonderful but I usually don't have much of a problem. It's just that with this particular server, there are numerous issues. From connection interuption to whats happening now. My mouse is becoming inoperable. You know how it is, use your mouse to turn yourself to shoot etc. but now I have trouble turning. I turn but can only go forward. Sometimes my gun locks into a continuous shooting pattern as if something got stuck. Sometimes I pull the trigger but there is no shooting at all. It's very frustrating. I'd find another server but can't seem to find one. At some point in the past, upon leaving, there was an icon to "Update" but when I did that, there were more servers but I couldn't get on any of those so I did a go-back to where I was before.
    Even with dial up, I'm in the top 5 or 10 in most of the maps but it's getting increasingly difficult to play even at a lousy level.
    Any ideas other than get DSL?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

check out if there wireless in your area,good few wireles bb around
    go on gov.site in bb section,input you area and see what comes up
    sometimes there bb wireless not listed ,but there in your area
    if you cant find
    send me pm me with your area and see what i can find

• Advertisement
Advertisement