Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Official Statement" at Smart Boards ....

Options
  • 05-10-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have a look and Comment. I opened up a new thread on this as it merits same I think

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=889

I also posted a message asking for 'Official' clarification, this is the next message here,

Cheers
    Aidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

"Existing (and future) broadband customers will still have a voice service - that will not change."

Hi EJay,

From your Statement above the pertinent part is "Existing (and future) broadband customers " will have voice service.

However - what is the story if you just currently have voice service only at the moment. Will these customers be supported now and in the future if they stay [ or can stay ]? Or do you have to have both the BBand AND Voice to be able to stay with Smart? Then - if you have BBand will you get the option for Voice also in the future with Smart V2.0?

Are Smart dumping the Voice only Customer? If that is the case it might be nice to make another official announcement to clarify this.

Remember - not all customers in the country could actually get Smart BBand. I would have been on Smart BBAND long ago, but the Carrigaline exchange here outside Cork City is not Smart BBnad ready [ Yet ].

Cheers
    Aidan

PS - before any other people here say anything, it would be nice to hear an answer to the above from Smart people themselves to clarify, appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'm presuming your PS doesn't apply here.
    From the impression I get (and I've been following this intensely) is that you will have to switch if you are voice only, I think they are dumping those customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

I'm presuming your PS doesn't apply here.
    From the impression I get (and I've been following this intensely) is that you will have to switch if you are voice only, I think they are dumping those customers.

Hi Hustler,

Yip, Your right "I'm presuming your PS doesn't apply here." Not here,

Cheers
    Aidan

Advertisement