Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows updates

Options
  • 05-10-2006 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

maybe this should be in op systems but it only started when i got broadband so...

i have xp and eircom broadband,

no updates have downloaded since i got broadband even though automatic updates are turned on.....???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try logging on to Windows Update and checking for updates manually, select Custom and see if you come up with anything. Have you got Service Pack 2 installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

When did you get broadband? The next round of updates are scheduled for next Tuesday, so if you happened to get BB installed between the 12th of last month and now, then its likely that you're not missing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I heard that Microsoft didn't pay their phone bill and now eircom have turned off windows Updates! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

I heard that Microsoft didn't pay their phone bill and now eircom have turned off windows Updates! :D

:D:D

yeah only got it two weeks ago, i thought they usually came down more often than that, oh well i'll find out tuesday i suppose, just heard from someone else that they didn't come down for them so i got paranoid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

No harm in checking that Automatic Updates in the Control Panel is also turned on to check for updates automatically when you turn on the pc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

confetti wrote:
    :D:D

yeah only got it two weeks ago, i thought they usually came down more often than that, oh well i'll find out tuesday i suppose, just heard from someone else that they didn't come down for them so i got paranoid
    The only way that they might come down sooner than once a month is if either Microsoft release a patch outside of the usual schedule, or if you have Windows Defender on your computer, which grabs its definition files from Windows Update.

Advertisement