Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evicting a tenant

Options
  • 05-10-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,Im a landlord. Due to various valid reasons and after giving appropriate notice. Tenant is refusing to move out. I know I can contact PRTB or get a court order. But does anyone know how much it will cost for a court order and how long the process? Has anyone been in this situation before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

corco2000 wrote:
    Hi,Im a landlord. Due to various valid reasons and after giving appropriate notice. Tenant is refusing to move out. I know I can contact PRTB or get a court order. But does anyone know how much it will cost for a court order and how long the process? Has anyone been in this situation before?
    change the locks if they are still there after giving the required notice

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corco2000

Its illegal unfortunetley. If I throw them out they can sue me for damages. I need to get a court order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

have a read of this....

http://www.prtb.ie/occupytenancy.htm

I hope you are registered with the PRTB????

Advertisement