Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a mechanic in Dundalk!

Options
  • 05-10-2006 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a decent mechanic in Dundalk please! :)

I've a problem with my clutch and I think it's the ratchet and pawl that needs sorting... might be a nice nixer..??

So if you know of anyone who could sort me out ASAP, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Well theres Damien Moran in Hill St behind Charlies Pizza shop, he is probably one of the best mechanics in town, will do a really good job. Problem is if you get him on a bad day he will be expensive and the most ignorant sod you will ever come accross.

Tom Mc Elarney in same yard as McArdles test centre on the old Coes rd, good at his job but no personality.

If i think of any others I will post later.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Palladin

What about Lavertys on bridge street they seems to be decent guys and most of aiken barracks go to them .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Well theres Damien Moran in Hill St behind Charlies Pizza shop, he is probably one of the best mechanics in town, will do a really good job. Problem is if you get him on a bad day he will be expensive and the most ignorant sod you will ever come accross.

Tom Mc Elarney in same yard as McArdles test centre on the old Coes rd, good at his job but no personality.

If i think of any others I will post later.:rolleyes:

Thanks all for the suggestions... I went over to Tom McElarney and he's sorting me out next week. As for his personality, well I think he's just shy!

He was well chuffed when I said someone had recommended him on the interweb!!! :D

Tom is a top guy, glad you went to him. Ye I forgot about Lavertys they are in Linenhall St just up towards town from the pet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Tom is a top guy, glad you went to him. Ye I forgot about Lavertys they are in Linenhall St just up towards town from the pet shop.

In all fairness what has a personality got to do with fixing cars? If you are good at your job, thats all that matters. Being polite to customers is great but I would prefer someone to grunt at me and do a great job than someone who is really nice and then do a bad job.

• Advertisement

Good for you Petes :):):)

Advertisement