Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carport, planning permission ?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

don't know whether this belongs here or in the property section, but I'll try here first.

I have a motorhome and I'd like to see a roof over its head. So I'm thinking about a carport. Roof, wooden cladding on back and one side (maybe only half way down) other sides open.

This would be a large-ish construction ...ca 3.5 - 4 m high, 3 m wide and about 7 - 7.5 m long.

Would I need planning permission or can i just put something like this up how and wherever I like?

Basically I'm thinking about hardcore "floor", six strong uprights (three either side), bracing diagonals, slanted roof (one side higher than the other to guarantee run-off) rain water to run off into nearby house drains.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭damiand

Phone your local planning department for further advice but you more than likely would require oplanning for such as structure for a number of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd imagine you will need PP. Wouldn't be a difficult application, wouldn't cost much or even you wanted to have ago would be easy enough.

Advertisement