Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

media & english?!

• 05-10-2006 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

im Thinking of doing the media course in Maynooth after the leaving cert this year but im just wondering am i rright thinking i can do ebglish as one of the arts subjects aswel??:confused:

also any one who is doing or has done the media course -What i it like!?:) :rolleyes: :D;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

im Thinking of doing the media course in Maynooth after the leaving cert this year but im just wondering am i rright thinking i can do ebglish as one of the arts subjects aswel??:confused:

also any one who is doing or has done the media course -What i it like!?:) :rolleyes: :D;)
    Might want to improve your standard of English a wee bit first.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭curtains

Yes, you can.

Doing first year media, it is fantastic, gets better every lecture IMO. The practical work looks brilliant, and while some people aren't fond of the theory I find it really interesting. There's also only around forty people in each class, which creates a great friendly atmosphere.

It's also important to point out that if after year 1, you don't fancy continuing with media there is no onus on you to keep it. You're free to leave and take a normal arts degree at any stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

If i was to compare it to UCD or the likes, with media it might be a better option for the ENTs side of things , college radio and all that. Or does Maynooth have that type of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

oh and also - does the course count as an Arts course ie. can i do a H dip afterwards?!

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

oh and also - does the course count as an Arts course ie. can i do a H dip afterwards?!

thanks guys

Yep, if you graduate, you get a B.A. You can decide after first year whether you want to major in Media and minor in your other subject or keep the two on an even footing. Would definitely recommend Media Studies. The course in Maynooth has a great balance between practical and theory work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement