Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old eircom netopia router,any good to use?

Options
  • 05-10-2006 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    just wondering after buying a laptop with wireless could i re-jig my iercom netopia router so it would work on my BT BB connection.(so i could have wireless around the house).
    at the mo its just standard BB router not wireless!
    any info great help
    johnny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Not strictly a laptop question, but anyway, what you will have to do is buy a wireless router. The connection will be as follows:

DSL <---> Netopia <---> Wireless router <---> laptop

That's essentially the setup I have at home. The Netopia has to be configured in bridge mode to pass the data along to the wireless router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

sorry for the confusion,but its a 4-hub wireless router already,any ideas?
    its a 3347wg.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moving to broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Hi all,
    just wondering after buying a laptop with wireless could i re-jig my iercom netopia router so it would work on my BT BB connection.(so i could have wireless around the house).
    at the mo its just standard BB router not wireless!
    Just enter your BT username/password in the Netopia, and it should work fine.

Advertisement