Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you religious???

Options
  • 05-10-2006 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Jus wonderin if many of the G/B/L here are religious since most religions dislike gays
    [so much for lovin Jesus!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was until the age of 17 when I lost my faith in the church... totally unrelated to sexuality thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I wouldn't class myself as religious, but I do have an interest in spirituality.

If you're talking specifically about catholicism or christianity then no, I have no more to do with that than is necessary (i.e. where it has permeated our wider society - Christmas, Easter, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'd describe myself as religious, meaning that my religion is very important to me personally. That said while my religious beliefs do hold that its important that some organisms engage in heterosexual sex (so that we have more people born and more food to eat) there is no conflict between by religious views and my bisexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

religious or spiritual ?

both but maybe not as the OP intened the question , that rare thing an xian pagan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

People will always adapt their religious views to adapt their personal lifestyle or beliefs e.g. pre-marital sex, contraception, no mass etc.,
    I don't see why being gay would be any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

I jus meant there religion like Scientology and Mormon that actually hate gays

I wanted to see if anyone has faith in religions that hate gays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Sangre wrote:
    People will always adapt their religious views to adapt their personal lifestyle or beliefs e.g. pre-marital sex, contraception, no mass etc.,
    I don't see why being gay would be any different.

Thats not true at all. Some will always feel deeply conflicted about it and never reconcile their lifestyle with their believes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

I think there is a difference between my God and the Catholic Church's God. The Catholic Church's God is all forgiving except on certain things that are contained within the fine print, i.e. homosexuality. I would like to think of the Big Guy as an all forgiving loving old codger to whom if you do genuinely repent is willing to welcome you back into his arms. One problem is how do I pay homage to such a person when I don't necessarily want to do so through Catholic means?

According to the Bible, you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

according to the bible its literalyy SODIMY thats immoral...nothing about homosexuality itself...and watabout gay people who never have anal or lesbians?!

Its just a modern thing to say its against the bible imo...

n no ...not religious...

Shellie13 wrote:
    according to the bible its literalyy SODIMY thats immoral...nothing about homosexuality itself...and watabout gay people who never have anal or lesbians?!

Its just a modern thing to say its against the bible imo...

n no ...not religious...
    well its hardly modern, since its been around for YONKS

but yeh, its more of an add-on from society

Yes it is out of date. The only person that can update it is God. He needs to send a more contemporary Jesus back to Earth to deliver us from Global Warming and many other issues that face us.

Exactly! Jesus wearin Levis and a Jack n Jones top, maybe lose the beard and chop the mop

But he'd prob jus go get wasted then say **** this sacrificial **** :P

abetarrush wrote:
    Exactly! Jesus wearin Levis and a Jack n Jones top, maybe lose the beard and chop the mop

I hope Jesus has better taste than that :p

Ah ye can't really diss his clothes, he's Jeebiz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

abetarrush wrote:
    maybe lose the beard and chop the mop
    He was probably short-haired and clean-shaven.

Yes it is out of date. The only person that can update it is God. He needs to send a more contemporary Jesus back to Earth to deliver us from Global Warming and many other issues that face us.

WASSSSUP!!

Its Jizzo back in the HIZZO!!

Sangre wrote:
    WASSSSUP!!

Its Jizzo back in the HIZZO!!

I am already warming to him. What time is he due to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I see this thread has reached new depths of silliness.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement