Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restauraunt recomendations for galway city

• 05-10-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

hi guys,

can you recomend a few nice places to eat in Galway city ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

McDonaghs, on Quay Street I think. Best Fish and Chips in the country possibly - they also have a great Fish / Seafood restauraunt next door.

There's an Indian place in Buttermilk lane - forget the name of if though.

LemonGrass near the Spanish Arches and there's a Cactus Jacks across the road from McDonaghs.

Hope it goes well.

Regards,

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭crowej

thanks, but i am looking for something a little more up market

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

kirbys?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭crowej

a good chinese ?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

not too many chinese restaurants around and its something i hadn't noticed until you asked the question. royal villa which was on shop street recently closed down, most of the other ones i can think of are not in the city centre or are takeaways.

if you change your mind about chinese.... thai gardens, lemongrass or panthai for asian flavours. Tulsi (the one on buttermilk lane) Eastern Tandoori or kashmir for Indian. Pierres on Quay Street do early bird menus as well as a la carte, Abalone on Dominic Street has to be one of the best places i've eaten in a long time, pricey but worth it. Ard Bia on Cross Street/Quay Street also does great food. used to like vina mara but haven't been there in a while also pricey

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭fitz

I'd highly recommend Vina Mara.
    Superb food, great service, and not exorbitant for the quality you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

crowej wrote:
    thanks, but i am looking for something a little more up market

The restaurant in the Park House Hotel off Eyre Sq. is very good.

I go there every year and haven't been disappointed yet.

Advertisement