Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear resumes filming two weeks after Hammond crash

Options
  • 05-10-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

The BBC show Top Gear has resumed filming today two weeks after the horror crash that nearly claimed the life of presenter Richard Hammond.

There were calls for the programme to the dropped after the 36-year-old suffered a serious brain injury while driving a 300mph dragster.

However, Hammond's co-presenter Jeremy Clarkson was back in the driving seat this morning to film a test drive in a Lotus Europa.

Hammond is said to be delighted that the show will be continuing.

http://www.unison.ie/breakingnews/index.php3?ca=42&si=99428 (may require free login to access)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Great news ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The show they could'nt kill.

It would be a great gag, if the first programme begins with the presenters walking into camera shot but Hammond wheeling in, sat in wheelchair with bits of dragster on his lap!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah they're such a good humored show that I'd expect them to make light of it alright. ;)
    Should be a good first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mike65 wrote:
    The show they could'nt kill.

It would be a great gag, if the first programme begins with the presenters walking into camera shot but Hammond wheeling in, sat in wheelchair with bits of dragster on his lap!

Mike.
    have you seen the script:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hmmmm......I feel a race in the making.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Any idea when the new series is set to begin showing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

thank god it's back....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i can see the hamm-ster in a wheelchair being pushed by the hairy scruffy one racing clarkson driving a DBx-first one to timbuktu wins!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

The next series of Top Gear was due to start on 8 October. This has now been postponed. As soon as we have a new start date we'll let you know.

Got that here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/richard_hammond.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

The BBC claim (RTE site) that cancelling the show was never considered (!?)

Big thumbs-up to the Autie Beeb though - I never expected filming to be resumed so quickly.

Something to consider:
    Whatever way this plays out, BBC have a ratings smash hit on their hands. The TG programme and Hammond in particular have garnered HUGE publicity worldwide.

JC joshes Hamster for appearing in every TV programme, on every channel, daytime TV etc. Up 'til now JC has been TG's established star but in a world where people become famous for appearing on 'Big Brother', Hammond's ordeal (achievement!?) is TV gold. I think Hamster could become a bit of a megastar...

Poor James will really feel like 'the other bloke' from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Advertisement