Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tevez & Mascherano urged to leave West Ham

• 05-10-2006 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

just read this here on the bbc site

"Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano have been advised to leave West Ham by Argentina national boss Alfio Basile.

Since the Argentine pair signed on transfer deadline day from Brazilian club Corinthians, West Ham have failed to win a game.

New Argentina coach Basile said: "I think they are half-hearted and I'm really worried about that. They play as if they are unenthusiastic.

"I hope both of them leave that club as soon as possible."

Basile took over the Argentina post from Jose Pekerman following the World Cup in Germany.

Both Mascherano and Tevez were part of that squad that exited the tournament after losing to Germany on penalties in the quarter-finals.

Basile added: "I hope for God's sake that Mascherano can go to Juventus as it has been said, even if he has to play in the second division in Italy.

"And Tevez can play in any position in the attacking line, but not as a left-winger like he is currently playing."

I thaught it was a bit mad meself when they went there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah, its clearly not working for either player or the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yeah, its clearly not working for either player or the club.
    Nonsense. Give it time. I'll be honest and say I haven't seen much of them since the move, barring highlights (which in the end might end up being the same as everyone else, unless everyone's signed up to West ham TV live Dublin Supporters Club Feed or something, who knows) - but I'm assuming if they're playing they're not on the pitch walking about scrathing their footballs, but if people are prepared to back Crespo and give him time why not these two?

They're quality players, and have just moved to a new club, in a new country - where they don't even speak a word of the language. I defy anyone to do that and hit top form instantly! :) As has been seen, even the greats take time to adjust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

They're playing with around 50% of the effort shown in the WC, and i've seen a few WH matches this season.

I'd blame Pardew, clearly doesn't know how to fit these two lads into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

zabbo wrote:
    I'd blame Pardew, clearly doesn't know how to fit these two lads into the team.

Blame Pardew? The guy who established West Ham as a decent Premiership side challenging for European spots with no real 'big' names in the squad?

Having started the season with a settled side and picking up some good results he has these two players forced upon him. The media coverage the transfers got meant he had no choice but to play them, therefroe disrupting everything he had worked on up until then.

If anyone is to blame it's the idiots who thought the move would work out, not Pardew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

veron & crespo. That's all i'll say. Then i'll say Heinze.

You need attitude, not silky skills & a goal record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    As has been seen, even the greats take time to adjust.

Given the nature of the deal, time is the one thing they don't have.

They've failed to win since the players arrived, losing all 5 games that either player has started, and failing to even score once in the process.

The opposition? Palermo twice, Newcastle, Reading and Man City. Not world beaters by any means!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not working for them, all underhand dealings and who ever brought these guys to West Ham need to sort it out, either Pardew, MSI or Abramovich.

It always stank of something under hand dealings, if this is the case I am delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

whoever was behind it won't be happy - their selling price in the Premiership has dropped a lot now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Talk of getting rid is a bit premature. If thats the case Chelsea need to offload Shevchenko quicksmart, he's not working out either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

smemon wrote:
    veron & crespo. That's all i'll say. Then i'll say Heinze.

You need attitude, not silky skills & a goal record.

Veron's game didn't suit the Premiership and he only really performed well in Champions League games , however Crespo had the second highest goals per minute ratio after Henry in the Premiership one year . He was much less of a flop than many percieved him to be .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

tdv wrote:
    just read this here on the bbc site

"Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano have been advised to leave West Ham by Argentina national boss Alfio Basile.

Basile added: "I hope for God's sake that Mascherano can go to Juventus as it has been said, even if he has to play in the second division in Italy.

Obvioulsy not a Hammers fan if he thinks they're better off in Serie B than the Premiership. And I definitely wouldn't blame Pardew, don't think he had much choice in the matter TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Should he really be allowed to unsettle them in that way? They've only been in Blighty a few weeks where it's a different ballgame altogether. It was a deal done over Pardew's head and he's desperately trying to keep control of the team. Give him a little time to sort it out maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

While Veron may have been a failure, Crespo certainly was not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB wrote:
    While Veron may have been a failure, Crespo certainly was not.

I agree, Veron IMO wasnt a complete failure. Maybe in terms of the money that was paid for him (which worked out at 23m, not 28.1 as stated). Crespo was far from a failure. I think him and London plus Mourinho just didnt click

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Anyone think they'd go to United? Pesonally I don't think Tevez would fit in at United but we could certainly use Mascherano.

Advertisement