Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Benchmark Card

Options
  • 05-10-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey ppls,

Ive been thinkin a gettin this card for a few weeks now, ive heard its only available to private customers if they have axa insurance?....nowhere on the website does it say that...wondering is it true....
    They advertise it in work under a groupscheme promotion thing and its seems that theres no difference if you get it private or through the company...does anybody know if there are direct benefits of getting it through the company rather than privately???
    As i dont plan on being in this company very much longer i was thinking of going private...but if there is a penny to be saved through the company i might as well take advantage now :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

cwynnes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

www.motorcard.ie - anyone can get it. I have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

Yeah, anyone can get it....works well and they have been cheaper than Tesco in recent weeks.....e.g. 101.1 per litre for next week.....Statoil usually has less of a queue than Tesco as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Stephen wrote:
    www.motorcard.ie - anyone can get it. I have one.
    How much of a discount on average do you get ? I have a statoil card through the credit union that gives 15c a litre off, but just wondering if motorcard might be better ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

15 cent/litre discount??? Stick with the Credit Union dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

@SantaClaus: how did ya get that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

wba88 wrote:
    @SantaClaus: how did ya get that?

Just applied for it through the credit union (it's one of if not the biggest CU's in Ireland but membership is limited to law enforcement personnel and their families)

You pay with the card the price on the pump but when the direct debit gets taken out of your account every month they deduct the 15c per litre off the total you paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mewved to Motors.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have the AXA one but so not have AXA insurance :D
    Saves me about 10% on my fuel bill

Advertisement