Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford has least satisfied people in Ireland?

• 05-10-2006 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

It was on Today FM this morning with Ray D'arcy that the Irish Times did a survey on who was the most/least satisfied in the country.....and we came out last!!
    Is it true, are we all a pack of miserable farts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep! I blame Kilkenny people! (or Dubs). ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It was on Today FM this morning with Ray D'arcy that the Irish Times did a survey on who was the most/least satisfied in the country.....and we came out last!!
    Is it true, are we all a pack of miserable farts?

Just created a new thread this minute: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52159492#post52159492

Moderators, can these maybe be merged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Well I've just satisfied myself......oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Yeah, I think Waterford people are acutely aware of what they don't have, and often don't realise what they do have.

But on top of that, it is one of the most cynical places in the country. Maybe that is changing now, but compared to Dublin, where most people genuinely believe in things like law and order, fairness from the government, etc., etc. (they joke about it, but they do) Waterford people can be very dismissive about all of these things. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Baby4 wrote:

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head there! With all the skyscrapers, fast living, decades of high crime and murder, I think it was only a matter of time before the Waterford mindset started to migrate in that direction. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Frankly I blame Mount Misery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

I'm really starting to believe this now, when in work one day last week every customer I spoke to complained about something or other, and then one of them gave out to me for being in a good mood.

I'm afraid when I go travelling soon I'll find happy people....and won't know how to react!

I've always kind of thought Loftus Hall out on the Hook Penninsula was sending over creepy vibes to Waterford, maybe its put a spell on us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm really starting to believe this now, when in work one day last week every customer I spoke to complained about something or other, and then one of them gave out to me for being in a good mood.

I'm afraid when I go travelling soon I'll find happy people....and won't know how to react!

I've always kind of thought Loftus Hall out on the Hook Penninsula was sending over creepy vibes to Waterford, maybe its put a spell on us all.

That Loftus Hall place gave me the creeps the one time I was near there. Freaky place all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

mfitzy wrote:
    That Loftus Hall place gave me the creeps the one time I was near there. Freaky place all the same!

Off the scale creepy!!!! :eek: Just looking over at it from Dunmore East gives me the heebie jeebies ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭charlie@w.d

i wonder is it us waterford people that live in there haunting it:p

just out of interest does any one actually live there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

forgive my ignorance but is Loftus Hall that place in Wexford where the Devil apparently appeared and the roof simply cannot be fixed? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Dan133269 wrote:
    forgive my ignorance but is Loftus Hall that place in Wexford where the Devil apparently appeared and the roof simply cannot be fixed? :confused:

Yep that's the one, it is a creepy place, the stables and garden are especially eerie...

would love to go there, the story fascinated me as a child. seems strange that any sort of a supernatural force would choose Wexford as somewhere to appear :D
    any of ye ever experience anything out of the ordinary there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

i was at loftus hall a couple of years ago with a few friends.

it was really windy and as we walked up the long driveway the wind was howling, just like in a horror movie, wooooooooooo, and the building itself is creepy looking, strange architecture, i think there's statues on the roof, might be gargoyles i can't remember. all the windows were boarded up, grass in the gardens was overgrown etc.

there was just a real eerie vibe to the whole place, it's wierd, i don't believe in any devil nonsense but it's a really creepy place.

anyway we heard a dog barking (he sounded big & vicious too) and we got freaked out and legged it. when we got back to the road a grumpy oul fella started giving out to us, threatening to call the cops on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Oh so its Wexford's fault that ye blaas are a crowd of moany miserable gits? Typical - we come over the bridge in the morning and take your jobs. Then we go back over the bridge in the evening with your money and your happiness. Ever think ye may just be a crowd of moany miserable gits?? :D

Incidentally, that Loftus Hall story, what I know of it, smacks a lot of the girl of the house being gotten up the Damien by a visitor to stayed the night so she was locked away to get over the shame of it all. Naturally a story had to be invented to explain it. (Sad thing is that, up to maybe thirty years ago (or even less?), unmarried girls who became pregnant were still being sent away to spare the family the shame.)

Dilbert75 wrote:
    Oh so its Wexford's fault that ye blaas are a crowd of moany miserable gits? Typical - we come over the bridge in the morning and take your jobs.

.....And I thought it was just the Kilkenny people who did this:D :D

Dilbert75 wrote:
    (Sad thing is that, up to maybe thirty years ago (or even less?), unmarried girls who became pregnant were still being sent away to spare the family the shame.)

And now we have kittens giving birth to kittens. Glad we have that one sorted out...

• Advertisement

Dilbert75 wrote:
    Incidentally, that Loftus Hall story, what I know of it, smacks a lot of the girl of the house being gotten up the Damien by a visitor to stayed the night so she was locked away to get over the shame of it all.

"Up the damien"? I leave Waterford for a few months and people are already making up new terms for getting pregnant, or is just me who never heard that expression?

Advertisement