Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux or Ubuntu on HD

Options
  • 05-10-2006 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to run L or U straight from hd (not from iso dvd) so that I can use firefox w/o a cd.

thx,

JMASTER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Do you mean as a livecd, but from the hard drive (but not installing it)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jmaster

yes, I meant running it live from gd like in evox under apps like xbmc,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This distro will do it.

http://www.x-dsl.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Hi, What exactly is this disto capable of?
    I am thinking of a new project where I will turn my PS2 into HTPC..I no longer have any interest in playing games on it anymore...
    I checked distrowatch.com but they didn't have and distros that had PS2 in the name..
    Any guides for putting linux onto a PS2??

p.s. that link is currently to a parked domain..but I got a bit of info from the site via the google cache...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

You need the old ps2 and a harddrive but seeing as linux is slowish on the xbox (which has more ram and processor power than the ps2), it would be awful on the ps2. Sony released some linux pack when the ps2 launched for tax reasons so it could be classified as a computer. If you want a cheap htpc, buy a 2ndhand xbox and softmod (u just need a usb key and a copy of splinter cell 1 and a few files).

edit:

found this

http://playstation2-linux.com/

thats the official ps2 linux thing, dont know if theres any linux distros you can put on a modded ps2

• Advertisement
Advertisement