Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Windows XP Pro X64 on Compaq laptop

• 06-10-2006 6:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've been trying to install 64 bit version of Windows on a new Compaq laptop. (Model V5115EU)
    The Processor is AMD Turion 64 and i think the mother board chipset is ATI.
    Its the ATI graphics driver that installs the MB drivers when installing 32 bit XP.
    The HP website doesnt have 64 bit drivers listed when I search for this laptop. I've downloaded some 64 bit drivers from the ATI website but havent got the chance to try them yet.
    Does anyone have any ideas on where else to search for these drivers?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I think that I am suffering from the same problem. I have a compaq 6065ea laptop with a Amd turion 64 processor. I tried to upgrade to Windows XP professional but had no joy.

Are you saying that xp pro edition is not compatible with 64 bit processors.
    Would make sense.

Advertisement