Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to shrink jeans...

• 06-10-2006 9:08am

...have a few pairs of good jeans. Got them in the States in a fit of 'they're much cheaper here than home'. But when I get home, I find they're slightly too big. How do I shrink them on purpose? Dunk them in hot water? Boiling? Freezing? Will the colour drain out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

You dont have to shrink them.
    This is why God gave us breakfast rolls..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Archeron wrote:
    You dont have to shrink them.
    This is why God gave us breakfast rolls..

No arguing with that sort of solid logic! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

HavoK wrote:
    No arguing with that sort of solid logic! :D
    I wouldn't call it solid per say, more of a flabby and gelatinous logic.

Hail to the Statoil Breakfast Roll, King of Artery Calcifying Foods.

I think in some breakfast rolls there are well over a 1,000 calories. And when you consider they are solely consider a breakfast, with your other 2 meals, snacks and everything....

I even knew one guy who ate 2 in the morning. No, sadly, this isn't one of those "and that guy never gained a pound..." stories.

He's quite the fat bastard, actually.

Wouldn't take long to fit into the jeans alright!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

HavoK wrote:
    I think in some breakfast rolls there are well over a 1,000 calories. And when you consider they are solely consider a breakfast, with your other 2 meals, snacks and everything....
    Around the time of that awful breakfast roll song, some Gillian McKeith spouting professional harridan was on the radio screeching that there was 1500 calories in one, well over your RDA of salt and all the saturated fat you need to get a bypass at 35. I think she stopped just short of "BAN THIS SICK FILTH".

Seriously though, if you can't make the connection between regular consumption of them and excessive roly-poliness, you are too stupid to live.

• Advertisement

Does anyone here eat a breakfast roll on a regular basis though? If so, are you an enormus tub? Do let us know.

HavoK wrote:
    Does anyone here eat a breakfast roll on a regular basis though? If so, are you an enormus tub? Do let us know.

I used to, but gave them up at Christmas last year after realizing/accepting the fact of just how bad for you they are. Couldnt handle the thoughts of them now. One of the funniest things Ive seen is in one of the local butchers, where they give a ridiculously generous helping of everything. Little roundy kid, about 10 or 11, asks for a full monty breakfast roll. Sausages, rashers, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, beans, hash browns, pudding. Girl asks if he'd like anything else and he says yeah, a portion of spicy wedges on it. She just mushes them in and gives it to him. Cue his jaw opening like one of those snakes that can eat elephants so he can fit it all in. Good Lord.

Edit. Conor74, sorry for the thread hijack :o

I was thinking this actually was a breakfast roll thread.....oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I think a hotter than normal wash although my mums tumble dryer shrinks everything so stick them in one of those to dry if you have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Archeron wrote:
    I used to, but gave them up at Christmas last year after realizing/accepting the fact of just how bad for you they are. Couldnt handle the thoughts of them now. One of the funniest things Ive seen is in one of the local butchers, where they give a ridiculously generous helping of everything. Little roundy kid, about 10 or 11, asks for a full monty breakfast roll. Sausages, rashers, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, beans, hash browns, pudding. Girl asks if he'd like anything else and he says yeah, a portion of spicy wedges on it. She just mushes them in and gives it to him. Cue his jaw opening like one of those snakes that can eat elephants so he can fit it all in. Good Lord.

Hang on. Your butchers sells breakfast rolls?

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote:

My lovely thread...ruined...utterly spoiled...:(

The 'fill to fit' idea is flawless, but I don't like breakfast rolls. Would Skittles Sours and Creme Bar bars be a suitable alternative?
    Trinity1 wrote:
    I think a hotter than normal wash although my mums tumble dryer shrinks everything so stick them in one of those to dry if you have one.

Good idea. Just got the tumble dryer plumbed in lately. About time we started experimenting with it. This week, shrinking jeans. Next week, the cat in a spin...

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I don't think you can shrink jeans anymore. Don't they all come pre-shrunk now?

The old way was to put them on and get in the bath to shrink to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭lau1247

just keep washing them..
    Everytime I wash my jeans it gets or seem to get smaller

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Tumble Dry them for a good few hours, always works.

lash them in the dryer for a few days :)

failing that give them to my ma , she never fails to shrink my gear even my sock's get shrunk
    I buy good clothes so i snapped out of letting her do my washing since i was 16 but every now and then she gets her hands on something and it turns out ruined :(

nipplenuts wrote:
    The old way was to put them on and get in the bath to shrink to fit.

Ah. Levi's shrink to fit.

Was that Nick Kamen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Archeron wrote:

please tell where this butcher is, you know how hard it is to get a good breakfast roll these days? I recommend Declans Sandwich Bar on bolton street for one of the best in dublin.

Sundy wrote:
    please tell where this butcher is, you know how hard it is to get a good breakfast roll these days? I recommend Declans Sandwich Bar on bolton street for one of the best in dublin.

Of course. Tis the butchers next door to Dunnes Stores in the Mill Shopping centre in Clondalkin. Its calorifically wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

At this stage, its more a thread for food/drink :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement