Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom-New Connection.

Options
  • 06-10-2006 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I applied for a connection on a new house from Eircom back in June. Within a couple of days I was contacted by Eircom to say that the connection would be done 13/07/06. Since then I must have contacted Eircom at least 50 times to find out why I have not been connected yet and all i get is "your connection has been rescheduled for "random date"".

This new date always passes with no word from Eircom and when I ring again I am just given a new connection date without any apology or explination as to why the connection date has been rescheuled. I have made two official complaints to Eircom, one verbally over the phone and one by e-mail. Eircom in their charter promise to address a complaint within 10 days but I have not had either complaint responed to.

All I want is for them to connect me to their network. How hard can it bloody be?

Has anyone any idea how I might get eircom to at least return one of my calls to explain to me what the problem is? Is this normal practice for them?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭podgewalsh

errrr "Errorcom" !

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

:confused: What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

That's a long time to be waiting and a lot of hassle. Maybe sometime in the future communications in Ireland will be deregulated. Perhaps even a regulatory body will be established. We can but only hope... I'm sure they will get back to you when they've finished sucking the blood of Smart customers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps its worth going to comreg since eircom are not addressing or responding to your complaints,

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I sent an e-mail to comreg just to see what happens but I wont hold my breath.

Eircom have failed their customer charter twice by not responding to my complaint within 10 days so maybe comreg will have a word with them over that.

What sort of business takes 10 days to "reply" to a complaint anyway. Jesus, if I acted like that I'd loose a lot of customers very quickly.

The sooner this whole country is deregulated the better. Get rid of these money sucking, inefficient, state companies altogether. I had the same problems with the ESB when I was trying to get the house connected to their network.

Michael O'Leary has the right idea, buy them up, strip them of the best parts and throw the rest in the tip.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Bombard Comreg and all of your local TDs.

Advertisement