Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House - Wish List

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

A bit of a luxury, but I visited a house with spot lights throughout downstairs controlled by a mood lighting system. It was fitted by the owner of the house as he was building it so didn't cost him a whole lot, it looked pretty cool. He build a circle of spots over where his circular dining table was to go, a really nice effect.

Another nice thing I liked was that a corner of a kitchen is a glass finish with wooden frames incorporating the back door over two walls.

Finally if you are going for an extended flat roofed kitchen you could cut out a skylight type feature from the roof. It's basically cutting up into the roof and having 2 Velux windows surrounded by wood panelling, it really stood out and added almost no expense to the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Make sure your plumber puts your heated towel rails beside your showers....ours didn't and it's a bit of a bumber.

Tie your solar and wood pellet heating systems in together.

Plan your rooms and furniture layouts in advance if possible to ensure that you have lots of sockets in the right places

Put in lamp sockets

Do like masterK says have two velux in a single storey part of house. We did for dining area and it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Someday

Hi Guys

No Single Story i am afraid - Will i not burn the hand off my self with Heated Towel Rails ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Someday wrote:
    Will i not burn the hand off my self with Heated Towel Rails ??

It depends if they are chrome finish or not! :D:D:D:D;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

A strong safe sunk into concrete in a discrete location is also a very useful item and easy done early on in the build....

baud.

• Advertisement
Advertisement