Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you clean your ears using the corner of a towel?

• 06-10-2006 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pigheads has always used the "corner of the towel technique" to clean his ears yet recently I've been told by a member of the non male population that this is disgusting. I was genuinly shocked as I thought everybody used the "corner of the towel technique".

Is Pighead disgusting or was the non male just being a snotty bitch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

its not the prettiest thing to do tbh!:eek: What do you think cotton buds are for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A cotton bud would be my choice but sadly, whilst I'm a very hygenic person the ears are always something I tend to forget.

Luckily, while I sleep, my dogs lick my ears whistling clean anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Corner of the towel technique is disgusting! It's what I do also - but I check the corner hasn't been used before. I'm afraid to use cotton buds in case one falls into my head :D

HavoK wrote:
    Luckily, while I sleep, my dogs lick my ears whistling clean anyway.

:p sweet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

its not the prettiest thing to do tbh!:eek: What do you think cotton buds are for??

Cotton Buds are for cleaning out the fluff in your belly button ya silly billy. Yuck! Pighead can't believe you put them in your ear! Have you never heard the wise old saying:

"He/She who puts anything smaller than their elbow into their ear canal shall hear no more the sounds of laughter"

Its a bit flowery that saying but basically it means you'll go deaf if you stick anything smaller than your elbow into your ear.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Its a bit flowery that saying but basically it means you'll go deaf if you stick anything smaller than your elbow into your ear.

So in relation to your method, does the corner of a towel qualify as an object in its own right, making it smaller then an elbow, or does it count count as part of the towel as a whole? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

HavoK wrote:
    So in relation to your method, does the corner of a towel qualify as an object in its own right, making it smaller then an elbow, or does it count count as part of the towel as a whole? :)
    Purely because Pighead doesn't want to look stupid and like hes contadicting himself I'm gonna go for counting it as part of the towel as a whole.

HavoK wrote:

It's the towel as a whole, and it's less likely the whole thing will fall in.

OTOH, towel corners, cotton buds etc push wax into the ear and can cause deafness due to the build up. It happened to me and I had to have a syringing. I was told wash your ears with water, no buds etc, and dry with a hair dryer!

nipplenuts wrote:
    I was told wash your ears with water, no buds etc, and dry with a hair dryer!

who told you that???

Sort of related, there's a disgusting story on AH in the spiders thread about a woman who, upon having ear aches, went to the doctor who discovered both a spider and webbing in her ear canal.

Disturbing. If she'd use a cotton bud she might have pushed the little rascal further in...

• Advertisement

who told you that???

Doc in the Eye and Ear Hosp after my syringing

nipplenuts wrote:
    Doc in the Eye and Ear Hosp after my syringing

hmm will take it on board!!:rolleyes:
    Sort of related, there's a disgusting story on AH in the spiders thread about a woman who, upon having ear aches, went to the doctor who discovered both a spider and webbing in her ear canal.

Disturbing. If she'd use a cotton bud she might have pushed the little rascal further in...

thats really f****n disgusting!!:eek: not somethin you wana hear before lunch but thanks for that ha!:rolleyes:

Advertisement