Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 Demo available

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Spear wrote:
    I'm aware of the fix, since I had to use it on the original BF2 as well, before it was added in a patch. Which just makes it very odd that it's missing at all, let alone since we know they specifically added it to the BF2 code in a patch.

Agreed

Fcukups by EA dont suprise me at all. I am just waiting for quake wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Keyzer wrote:
    Yeah, I'm a sucker for great in game menus.... Think I'll buy 5 copies when it comes out...

are you even going to try and say that the menu here is not sleeker, nicer and running 10x better then the bf2 menu was? gone are the days where you double click a server to get absolutely no response for a few moments...

also, i've noticed a lot of people saying that it's an improvement on bf2, and pretty cool as a futuristic game, but the "hardcore" are lashing into it (predictably) for crap like "the flying is all wrong"... well y'all enjoy bf2 then... i'll enjoy 2142, and then enjoy quake wars when that drops...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

agree with that mayhem, i can't understand why people are moaning that something's crap, when in fact it's not that its crap at all, merely different, i'm loving the fact that it takes a little more skill and patience to get good in most of the vehicles and i love the fact that the two tanks handle completely differently, it has, in the limited opinion i've so far been afforded, more variety than bf2 in terms of handling differences and that just makes it all the more enjoyable in my opinion and yes it might be not much more than a very detailed mod, but its a good one and will sit well as a companion to bf2, poe2 and forgotten hope 2 when its out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

are you even going to try and say that the menu here is not sleeker, nicer and running 10x better then the bf2 menu was? gone are the days where you double click a server to get absolutely no response for a few moments...

also, i've noticed a lot of people saying that it's an improvement on bf2, and pretty cool as a futuristic game, but the "hardcore" are lashing into it (predictably) for crap like "the flying is all wrong"... well y'all enjoy bf2 then... i'll enjoy 2142, and then enjoy quake wars when that drops...

Ehh i haven yet to play a full ****ing round,. the menu system can have daisies hanging from i get kicked every ****ing time jesus i have 0 pointsa and have played on 5 servers and yet to even see someone before i get kicked.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, that must be something with you, because I played twice today, about three full rounds, and had no issues whatsoever.

Titan mode was a bit laggy mind, but that's my pc, not something I'm going to blame EA for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sirpipalot

what i'm confused is why they waited untill the next game to fix the menus from the last one... which still don't work... hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

have to say i really like it, inside the corridors of the titan has sort of star wars feel about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you want some official EA servers to play on, my mate owns rackage.com

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=rackage&type=server&game=bf2142

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Silverfish wrote:

Titan mode was a bit laggy mind, but that's my pc, not something I'm going to blame EA for.

I thought your specs were fairly high ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

I'd imagine they sit just above the nose:D

• Advertisement

jonski wrote:
    I thought your specs were fairly high ?

Our NTL was giving gyp yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Anybody notice that when your on a moving titan, when you place a command or someone dies. they move as if attached to the stationary scenery outside and not move with the titan. So you have all these dead bodies gliding by you.

Or is it just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

played it, not impressed, basically a mod u have to pay money for .

oh well theirs always forgotten hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

:D I think its absolute crap aswell

But!! ive found a fix for it which made me smile :D

Go to Control Panel--->Add/remove programs and find BF2142 Demo, then click uninstall :p:)
    Then load up good ol BF2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Go to Control Panel--->Add/remove programs and find BF2142 Demo, then click uninstall

Brillant!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I dont like it at all...

Looks awful, plays awful... I'll leave this one for the kids and stick to BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Its too arcady for me. Maybe its a good game but its just not my cup of tea right
    now.

It reminds me of Hl2 and Halo too much.

Keyzer wrote:
    Looks awful, plays awful... I'll leave this one for the kids and stick to BF2.

Kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

what i want to know is why people think hexagons are futuristic. So many futuristic games use hexagons (star wars being one example which i basically think everyone has ripped off). slightly off topic but its been bugging me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreamcrusher

i havent downloaded it cause over a gig for a demo is taking the piss. But i have to say im not eactly surprised with the largely uniformly negative views so far. I think EA have finally pushed people just a little too far with thier dead horse flogging this time by charging 50 notes for what seems to be essentially a glorified mod. And an ill concieved mod at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i havent downloaded it cause over a gig for a demo is taking the piss. But i have to say im not eactly surprised with the largely uniformly negative views so far. I think EA have finally pushed people just a little too far with thier dead horse flogging this time by charging 50 notes for what seems to be essentially a glorified mod. And an ill concieved mod at that

before playing it i had the exact same opinion. now i will agree 50 bills is a bit much (imo), but as far as it being a "glorified mod", it is that to the same degree counter-strike and day of defeat are "glorified mods", but at a more respectable price... though those two games are infinitely less complicated to make then Battlefield.

yes... this is me, cutting EA some slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Had a bash at it a few nights ago, and i have to say it's never going to be a team game. It just feels very "rambo" like. Even more so than Bf2.

Silverfish wrote:
    Kids?

I envisage the online community for this game being a "Kid-fest"...
    Whats more appealing to kids? Tanks and jets or spaceships and laser guns...

Anyway, I'll give it a few more goes but I can't see myself liking this in the long run...

BTW - Why is everything in crazy colours in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Keyzer wrote:
    "Kid-fest"...

Hmmm sounds like something the North American Man/Boy Love Association would be into, best stear clear off that imo.

kyp_durron wrote:
    Hmmm sounds like something the North American Man/Boy Love Association would be into, best stear clear off that imo.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Played it for an hour online and an hour of it on a LAN. Back playing BF2 now, EA have gotten enough money off me (100 yoyo aprox) so I indend to get value for my money on that one.

IF this game was like the same price as AF or EF I might have thought about it.

Advertisement