Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No interest in this Rental Property - Why?

Options
  • 06-10-2006 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I've had this property on daft for the past few days now and have had very little interest...

[link removed]

Anyone want to give me some advice - what would be the going rate rent-wise for something like this? I thought 1200 looking at daft but obviously I'm wrong....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

I dunno, it sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe you're asking a little much? It looks very nice, but people may be thinking that they'd rather spend another €100 on a mortgage for a similar property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Budd

It looks an absolute hole. e1200 for a one bed terrace on the Northside is not going to get much interest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

While I know you are not comparing like with like- there are an awful lot of apartments in the general area- at around 900 a month for a 1 bed apartment (+bills). I know this is not the same thing- but its a case of supply and demand, and there is an ample supply of the lower priced apartments, hence the lower demand for your higher priced property.

Have a look at the D7 advertisements.

Also- it might not necessarily be the best time for getting new tenants, the student rush is over, so people have more time to pick and choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

Right - feck yez. I knock it down to EUR1000 and see if I get any takers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

sapper wrote:
    Right - feck yez. I knock it down to EUR1000 and see if I get any takers....
    I think you'll struggle for more than e900. My mates are renting a one-bed own door around the corner for e850.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Taking some better pix wouldn't hurt either. The hall one is kinda ugly, the kitchen looks small due to the table in the way (move it behind the shot and retake), and the same applies in the bedroom with the big dresser. Also try to take them with more light in the rooms, and that will make the house look bigger overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i'd take a picture of the hall from the hall door in the other direction. Seeing the amount of locks and chains on the door isnt a good selling point it just screams "Bad Area".
    that and 1k is still too much imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Reasonable quality 1 bed apartments in the quay area are going for 750 - 850 pm, so you're badly overpriced.

Advertisement