Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

It works fine on a Sony Ericsson Z530i. Users of SE phones may need to check their connectivity-Settings for Java, as this determines access to the gprs for Java apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

I had AFT working on a billpay Nokia 6233 as well as Opera Mini & Gmail. I upgraded the firmware to 4.91, and had to get the wap settings resent from the Nokia website (the ones sent by O2 didn’t work). Following this, I got Opera & Gmail working again, but cannot get AFT working. Anyone got any ideas. I thought that as long as OperaMini was working, AFT should aslo be OK?

Thanks

Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Jimbojimbo wrote:
    I had AFT working on a billpay Nokia 6233 as well as Opera Mini & Gmail. I upgraded the firmware to 4.91, and had to get the wap settings resent from the Nokia website (the ones sent by O2 didn’t work). Following this, I got Opera & Gmail working again, but cannot get AFT working. Anyone got any ideas. I thought that as long as OperaMini was working, AFT should aslo be OK?

Thanks

Jim

remove and reinstal AFT

where did u get the sw upgrade done?

I have already deleted AFT and reinstalled it, but it still will not work despite Opera and gmail working OK.

I got the firmware update at http://europe.nokia.com/A4176089?6233

......I have already deleted AFT and reinstalled it, but it still will not work despite Opera and gmail working OK.....

Without your error message, it's hard to be specific, but try the following;

Presumably you've re loaded your username, password & network on AFT!
    OR
    Another thing you might try is
    Select Menu > Applications
    Scroll to AFT > Select Options > Select Application Access
    Play around there making sure there is no "not allowed" option selected
    OR
    Try not using AFT from the shortcut you restored from your backup prior to software upgrade. With the changes you've made, you will probably need to delete that shortcut and create a new one. So for troubleshooting I'd open the application directly from the Applications folder

If none of the above helps, you'll have to give a detailed description of what's happening

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    ......I have already deleted AFT and reinstalled it, but it still will not work despite Opera and gmail working OK.....

Without your error message, it's hard to be specific, but try the following;

Presumably you've re loaded your username, password & network on AFT!
    OR
    Another thing you might try is
    Select Menu > Applications
    Scroll to AFT > Select Options > Select Application Access
    Play around there making sure there is no "not allowed" option selected
    OR
    Try not using AFT from the shortcut you restored from your backup prior to software upgrade. With the changes you've made, you will probably need to delete that shortcut and create a new one. So for troubleshooting I'd open the application directly from the Applications folder

If none of the above helps, you'll have to give a detailed description of what's happening

Tried all of the above. The problem is as folllows: Once I type a msg and choose a number, then select options and OK, AFT asks for network access. I answer yes, and the constant 'G' on the screen turns to a 'G' in a small box, then "your message is being sent to ..." appears. Then almost immedately I get the response "There was a problem sending your message", with the options back or Exit.

Thanks

Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Things I would like to see in AFT:

-The MSN bot should be able to receive messages sent to the 959xx number registered on your email address in the MSN bot
    -Be able to send the same message to more than one person at a time
    -Resend unsuccessful texts automatically
    -Have the prefs set automatically to allow longer texts, so you don't have to opt-in to this all time

Jimbojimbo wrote:
    Tried all of the above. I get the response "There was a problem sending your message", with the options back or Exit.

Jim

"There was a problem sending your message" and that's it? - didn't say invalid account?

Seems like you're connecting okay to get back this response

Network? Double check your settings making sure that your in correct text/number mode for password. Make sure you try AFT on a mates phone with your account. Check your login / password on the operator website and multitext. After that I'm stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Jimbojimbo wrote:
    Then almost immedately I get the response "There was a problem sending your message", with the options back or Exit.

If this error message occurs almost immediately then it sounds like an internet configuration issue to me.
    Is the internet profile set up on a per application basis? What are the options for applications?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that perhaps the new firmware blocks any uncertified applications. AFT is uncertified because an application developer actually has to pay (a lot) to get his app certified. Opera and Gmail are almost certainly certified.

yapyap wrote:
    "There was a problem sending your message" and that's it? - didn't say invalid account?

Seems like you're connecting okay to get back this response

Network? Double check your settings making sure that your in correct text/number mode for password. Make sure you try AFT on a mates phone with your account. Check your login / password on the operator website and multitext. After that I'm stuck

No, the only response was "There was a problem sending your message".

Have checked ID & password, and have checked on another phone - all OK, Also, checked O2 website and Multitext - all OK.

dal wrote:
    If this error message occurs almost immediately then it sounds like an internet configuration issue to me.
    Is the internet profile set up on a per application basis? What are the options for applications?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that perhaps the new firmware blocks any uncertified applications. AFT is uncertified because an application developer actually has to pay (a lot) to get his app certified. Opera and Gmail are almost certainly certified.

The default config. settings has been activated in all apps. In the application settings, I have checked all options and nothing is disallowed.

Is there anyway around the possible blocking issue you mention? Is there anyway I could confirm that this is the problem? If this is the issue, does this mean that AFT will never work on a Nokia 6233 with firmware 4.91?

Thanks for all your help so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Jimbojimbo wrote:
    Is there anyway around the possible blocking issue you mention? Is there anyway I could confirm that this is the problem? If this is the issue, does this mean that AFT will never work on a Nokia 6233 with firmware 4.91?

I honestly don't know. Is there any way to revert to the previous firmware (just for a test), or would this be a big hassle?

Jimbojimbo wrote:
    No, the only response was "There was a problem sending your message".

Have checked ID & password, and have checked on another phone - all OK, Also, checked O2 website and Multitext - all OK.

The default config. settings has been activated in all apps. In the application settings, I have checked all options and nothing is disallowed.

i've tried on a 4.91 and it works okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Ive been Using the older verison on my Motorola V3 for the last few months - only noticed there is another verison out - Just downloaded on My new nokia N70 (Sick of Motorola) and hey presto - perfect.

Thanks for all the effert that has gone into this App.
    You guys deserve a medal or some type of award or a holiday named after you perhaps.

Thanks again

dal wrote:
    I honestly don't know. Is there any way to revert to the previous firmware (just for a test), or would this be a big hassle?

I upgraded to 4.91 to resolve a problem with the phone dropping connections. 4.91 has resolved this. As AFT was working with the old firmware, I can't see what reverting back (even if only for a test) would prove, but yapyap has it working on 4.91. Yapyap, have you any more guidance for me?

Jimbojimbo wrote:
    I upgraded to 4.91 to resolve a problem with the phone dropping connections. 4.91 has resolved this. As AFT was working with the old firmware, I can't see what reverting back (even if only for a test) would prove, but yapyap has it working on 4.91. Yapyap, have you any more guidance for me?

send me PM with your MSN and I'll try 2 catch up with you early next week. Am heading off for weekend.
    You're trying on O2..in the meantime will you see if AFT service will work on your phone sending a Vodafone or Meteor text and report back - get Vf and Meteor usernames and passwords from your mates and test

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

well firstly, i am using a samsung s500i, and when i went to download this from my computer to my phone using the USB, it went fine but wudn't run, unsupposrted file type it said, so then i tried to upload the jad and jar files to euploader.com and that worked, but when i entered the site in my fone with the code n everything, it said that the java wasn't supported on my phone. So i entered just the killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar in my fone, n it didn't work either...

was just wondering...is it not pissble to get it to run on the Samsung s500i?

Many thanks...!?

meow-niall-meow@hotmail.com <-- my email and msn if you need me! :)

yapyap wrote:
    send me PM with your MSN and I'll try 2 catch up with you early next week. Am heading off for weekend.
    You're trying on O2..in the meantime will you see if AFT service will work on your phone sending a Vodafone or Meteor text and report back - get Vf and Meteor usernames and passwords from your mates and test

Sent you a PM. Have also tried logging in with a Metor account and it is the same.

Can anyone confirm the O2 Access point settings:

Proxy: Eabled
    Proxy Address: 62.40.32.40
    Proxy port: 8080
    Data Bearer: Packet data

Bearer Settings

Packet Data Access Point: wap.dol.ie
    Network type: IPv4
    Authentication type: Normal
    User name: [blank]
    Password: [blank]

Or are there some other valid settngs?

Thanks

Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Access point is pp.wap.o2.ie anyways. They in the sticky. Dunno why you using a proxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Am getting "There was a problem sending your message" also on SE k750i with O2 billpay.
    Opera mini working ok, webtexts from pc working ok.

I checked a bunch of settings, but no luck (couldn't find force get option though). Is there any way to get a debug mode to see why the error is happening?

edit: I see that O2 were doing maintenance on the site today, maybe it broke something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hey guys, can anyone get this working with an "i-mode" phone? In particular the s500i. I tried to copy it over via bluetooth, and I tried to save the page directly to the phone. But I couldn't do anything with either when I did.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

i have the same problems as D31 b0y!? I have done it also and neither worked...can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yman

O2 Support:

O2 have changed their site, subsequently AFT O2 support is currently broken. Donut is working furiously to update his code to work with the new site.

and no1 wants to help with the s500i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hey dal, I'm having trouble with sending texts with AFT 1.2 from my K750i, started happening yesterday
    Everything works up until it vibrates and then says:
    Result

Message sent.
    You have ERROR
    messages left

And the phone I sent it to doesn't recieve it (tested it with my mams phone), even though I have 289 texts left.

I didn't change anything recently. :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Is meteor working for anyone at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

yman wrote:
    O2 Support:

O2 have changed their site, subsequently AFT O2 support is currently broken. Donut is working furiously to update his code to work with the new site.
    Of course they have, apes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

dango wrote:
    Is meteor working for anyone at the moment?

Working fine for me.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

right im fully confused as to the matter now
    turns out i was using the wrong phone number at my own computer which prevented it from logging in making me think o2 updated their site, so i got this thing to start sending messages again however its not sending from the dedi so ill be adding a fresh batch of proxies soon enough

This will mean sending will be slow again for a while, while the server marks the proxies as good or bad.

EDIT: o2 should be working again now
    I figured it out, after their maintenence over the weekend, aft has been marking proxies as non working (I think), fresh batch is added now anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I wonder if o2 keep 'upgrading' their site to deter us AFT fans???

Advertisement