Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Jimbojimbo wrote:
    I upgraded to 4.91 to resolve a problem with the phone dropping connections. 4.91 has resolved this. As AFT was working with the old firmware, I can't see what reverting back (even if only for a test) would prove, but yapyap has it working on 4.91. Yapyap, have you any more guidance for me?

you're right i was mixing up my 3.7 and 4.91

can't understand as am using other uncertified apps on phone - so it's not that.

has there been even the slightest change in aft over the last few months? if i could get a previous version to try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

woohoo got it working :) (sony ericsson on o2)

For what it's worth, I had a load of Internet profiles under settings and I wasn't sure which were the correct ones.

After going to the Sony Ericsson site and getting new profiles sent, I changed the phone "Settings for Java" to use "O2 WAP GPRS" and it works now.
    (I guess the O2 site change prob. would have been affecting it as well)

One odd thing is that the phone keeps asking for permission for the app. to access the Internet, even though under permissions it's set to ask once only.

edit: the txts go thru using both o2 and aftuser settings, but most of the time it also gives the "there was a problem sending.." msg., even tho it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

faceman wrote:
    I wonder if o2 keep 'upgrading' their site to deter us AFT fans???

It doesnt matter anyway, due to the way the whole system works only 1 copy has to be updated to work with their new site, if all the clients had to keep upgrading it would have worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

donutface wrote:
    It doesnt matter anyway, due to the way the whole system works only 1 copy has to be updated to work with their new site, if all the clients had to keep upgrading it would have worked
    So the Java client always connects via the AFT server even if you select O2/Vodafone etc.? (instead of AFTuser)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Its not that Java Client that does the logining, sending messages etc. All connect to the aft server the same way regardless of how the o2,vodafone site changes so its only the server that requires updating with changes to operator sites.

• Advertisement
Advertisement