Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Just plain doesn't work for me. It pops up saying your message has been sent...but it hasn't. Any ideas? Using the N91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

fade2black wrote:
    Just plain doesn't work for me. It pops up saying your message has been sent...but it hasn't. Any ideas? Using the N91

Which network are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

donutface wrote:
    could be that your not giving the app permission to access the internet, with some or other phone i had to change the settigns to always allow it, forgot waht kind it was

i jigged it around there awhile ago and now its comin up subscribe to packet data first-i take it this needs activation on my account from O2 and then its cheap txts all the way!!

dal wrote:
    Which network are you using?

Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

http://aft.donutsoft.net/ has the o2 data support number

Ill be updating the sms.donutsoft.net interface soon, its confusing as hell it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

got it today, brilliant, I'm on vodafone, have a sony ericsson v600i, cost's me 2c a txt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

cupthehand wrote:
    i jigged it around there awhile ago and now its comin up subscribe to packet data first-i take it this needs activation on my account from O2 and then its cheap txts all the way!!

By default when you are registered with O2 the isp access is activated

You need to check the following
    Select Menu > Settings > Configuration and go to Preferred access point to view the saved access point.Scroll to an access point and select Options > Details to view the name of the service provider, data bearer and packet data access point. You should activate the preferred access from this list that is relevant for your plan on O2

fade2black wrote:
    Vodafone

Can you tell me what the exact message is on the result screen (should be something about messages remaining)?

Aye, it says message sent and then messages remaining. (Doesn't tell me how many are remaining though)

fade2black wrote:
    Aye, it says message sent and then messages remaining. (Doesn't tell me how many are remaining though)

Sorry to ask you to do this, but can you tell me the exact error message as it appears on your screen? This should help me to debug the problem. (by the way, have you tried the "force GET" option in the settings?)

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    By default when you are registered with O2 the isp access is activated

You need to check the following
    Select Menu > Settings > Configuration and go to Preferred access point to view the saved access point.Scroll to an access point and select Options > Details to view the name of the service provider, data bearer and packet data access point. You should activate the preferred access from this list that is relevant for your plan on O2

i have tried all that and have entered the details as they are in the link above but still getting that error message when i try to send a msg only now the only difference is the phone vibrates while subscribe to packet data first comes up on screen. my MMS and GPRS are all working perfectly :confused:

cupthehand wrote:
    i have tried all that and have entered the details as they are in the link above but still getting that error message when i try to send a msg only now the only difference is the phone vibrates while subscribe to packet data first comes up on screen. my MMS and GPRS are all working perfectly :confused:

I think someone might have had this error message before. Any chance you could search the first AFT thread for "subscribe". I have to go out now otherwise I would do it.

No problemo man. Thanks anyway-tried searching the thread but got nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Having trouble with this on Sharp GX25. I can send a text successfully, but the login details never save. The app asks me to re-enter them every time. Any ideas?

dal wrote:
    Sorry to ask you to do this, but can you tell me the exact error message as it appears on your screen? This should help me to debug the problem. (by the way, have you tried the "force GET" option in the settings?)

RESULT

Message Sent
    You have messages left

i've tried the get option, still no joy

Wait...It's working now. My fault, when you go to connect to the net on this phone it gives you a list of access points - WLAN, ISP, Live!, Streaming Live! and MMS.

I was using mms and the one time I tried Live, I think the password could have been wrong. It's working through live! now.

Thanks for you help...great app too, well done.

cupthehand wrote:

Have set it up to work perfectly on my brothers Nokia 6230i which has all the same settings as my 6233 but still can't get it to work on my own phone.

I updated the aftnet website
    http://sms.donutsoft.net/

now it has some colour once you logged in, and theres a wizard interface, so if it was too confusing for anyone before, click Wizard to get your account working!

fade2black wrote:
    Wait...It's working now. My fault, when you go to connect to the net on this phone it gives you a list of access points - WLAN, ISP, Live!, Streaming Live! and MMS.

I was using mms and the one time I tried Live, I think the password could have been wrong. It's working through live! now.

Thanks for you help...great app too, well done.
    Really glad you finally got it working.
    DS wrote:
    Having trouble with this on Sharp GX25. I can send a text successfully, but the login details never save. The app asks me to re-enter them every time. Any ideas?
    Hmmm never heard that problem before. Are there any java application settings on the phone which enable applications to write data to the phone?
    Does anything get saved at all (recent texts, recent numbers)?

cupthehand wrote:
    Have set it up to work perfectly on my brothers Nokia 6230i which has all the same settings as my 6233 but still can't get it to work on my own phone.
    Have a look at this page:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984709&page=16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

got this version working also on my K750i flashed with w800i software ,

2 questions, will it work on a Moto V3 with the force get option? i tried it prev with version 1 and it froze when i sent.

2 would it be possible to implement sending the same message to more then one person like online?

thanks again for a fantastic program

Smithers wrote:
    got this version working also on my K750i flashed with w800i software ,

2 questions, will it work on a Moto V3 with the force get option? i tried it prev with version 1 and it froze when i sent.

2 would it be possible to implement sending the same message to more then one person like online?

thanks again for a fantastic program

Well it definitely won't freeze on the V3, in the new version of the app there is an option to disable the flash/vibrate after sending, disable one or both of these (I can't remember which) and that should sort out the freezing. Just give it a whirl on the v3 (try without the force GET option first).

As for the feature request this is definitely something which will more than likely be implemented some time in the future. Can you please add any feature requests/feedback to the AFT wiki site?
    http://computer.donutsoft.net/sms/pmwiki.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

cula, i will try it and i update the wiki, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

dal wrote:
    Hmmm never heard that problem before. Are there any java application settings on the phone which enable applications to write data to the phone?
    Does anything get saved at all (recent texts, recent numbers)?

I looked everywhere for a setting that allows applications to write data but couldn't find anything. Just network access settings. Nothing at all gets saved. Even without exiting the application if I save my details and then go back into settings they're gone again. This didn't make much sense to me considering that I was still able to send texts after saving the settings. Are they in temporary memory or something until the application quits?

I added a new 9590 service.

Some of you might know that in America when you send a text to 4664 (GOOG) you get Google SMS (http://www.google.ie/sms). It doesnt have search but it has a few other features like currency conversion and stock quotes.

Its more novelty than anything else, but now the Irish are the first to have it on their mobiles outside of the U.S. YEAH!

Send a text to 95904664 saying tips and itll send back all the commands, or something like 100 euro to usd and itll convert to USD.

http://sms.donutsoft.net if you dont have an AFTuser account already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

cupthehand wrote:

Does your sim work on your brothers 6230i?

Where did you get the settings for your 6233?

Have you tried configuring a personal GPRS access point and activating it. If you want help tell me whether you're on speakeasy or billpay?

Have you switched between billpay / speakeasy since your 6233 was configured? Different settings required for speakeasy and billpay on O2

yapyap wrote:
    Does your sim work on your brothers 6230i?

Where did you get the settings for your 6233?

Have you tried configuring a personal GPRS access point and activating it. If you want help tell me whether you're on speakeasy or billpay?

Have you switched between billpay / speakeasy since your 6233 was configured? Different settings required for speakeasy and billpay on O2
    1. yes and yes i can use his AFT with my login settings

2. off the nokia website-both mms and GPRS are working fine

3. im on speakeasy and i set up a new pp.internet access point but no good

4. no, have always been on speakeasy

thanks for the interest, hope I can get it sorted soon

DS wrote:
    I looked everywhere for a setting that allows applications to write data but couldn't find anything. Just network access settings. Nothing at all gets saved. Even without exiting the application if I save my details and then go back into settings they're gone again. This didn't make much sense to me considering that I was still able to send texts after saving the settings. Are they in temporary memory or something until the application quits?

Ok, I am pretty sure I know what the problem is now DS. Looks like it is sharp-specific.
    I will stick up a new version tonight which will fix this. This is only a small modification and won't affect any other phones.

• Advertisement

whens the new MIDP1 version coming out?

Advertisement