Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Dal,

Is the Vodafone issue sorted yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Quick update: tried both versions of the jar from the AFT site but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the Vodafone V1240 :( ("Invalid jar archive") Oh well! Could a list of supported phones be added to the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

byrnefm wrote:
    Quick update: tried both versions of the jar from the AFT site but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the Vodafone V1240 :( ("Invalid jar archive") Oh well! Could a list of supported phones be added to the website?

did you try the jad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

byrnefm wrote:

Have you ever managed to get any .jar on your phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

byrnefm wrote:
    If you had an old jar before, u maybe want to delete that first and then download new one instead of simply over writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

can someone on vodafone add me on msn please (donut at donutsoft dot net) as I dont have a clue whats wrong with it. Is there people using it successfully? note that you have to send something like atleast 5 characters for the message to send too

dal wrote:
    Have you ever managed to get any .jar on your phone?
    Hi Dal,

I've loaded a game via the Midlet manager on my V1240 (Bombsweeper, a Minesweeper clone), to verify I could install a jar application. For the MIDP v2 jar, I had a .jad file which I had also copied over, didn't try the same with the v1 version, although the phone did seem to recognize it was a Java application.

It's straightforward copying jars over to this phone, I just drop the jar into a specific folder on the phone via ActiveSync and then launch the application for installing midlets. I just can't figure out what it doesn't like the aft.jar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Has anyone got AFT to work using the Motorola V300 on O2? I can install the program but when i try to send a message the screen goes blank and i have to restart the phone. any help would be great.

mickger wrote:
    Has anyone got AFT to work using the Motorola V300 on O2? I can install the program but when i try to send a message the screen goes blank and i have to restart the phone. any help would be great.

In the settings there are options to flash after send and to vibrate after send. Uncheck these and you shouldn't have the problem with the screen going blank.
    I have tested using a v525 (basically the same as a v300) on o2 and it works fine.

dal wrote:
    In the settings there are options to flash after send and to vibrate after send. Uncheck these and you shouldn't have the problem with the screen going blank.
    I have tested using a v525 (basically the same as a v300) on o2 and it works fine.

I tried that and all i'm getting now is the error message " There was a problem sending your message"

• Advertisement

mickger wrote:
    I tried that and all i'm getting now is the error message " There was a problem sending your message"

Ok, get your gprs wap settings sent to your phone here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1801103&postcount=5

dal wrote:
    Ok, get your gprs wap settings sent to your phone here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1801103&postcount=5

Requested the settings but never got confirmation of receiving them to my phone. Tried again there now and still getting the same error message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

byrnefm wrote:
    Hi Dal,

I've loaded a game via the Midlet manager on my V1240 (Bombsweeper, a Minesweeper clone), to verify I could install a jar application. For the MIDP v2 jar, I had a .jad file which I had also copied over, didn't try the same with the v1 version, although the phone did seem to recognize it was a Java application.

It's straightforward copying jars over to this phone, I just drop the jar into a specific folder on the phone via ActiveSync and then launch the application for installing midlets. I just can't figure out what it doesn't like the aft.jar!

you cannot run AFT in the intent java midp emulator on vodafone 1240, aka htc tornado. you have to use the IBM J9 java runtime environment from:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/518874-post13.html

Don't ask me why it's not working with the generic intent one, but at least it will definitely work with IBM :)

mickger wrote:
    Requested the settings but never got confirmation of receiving them to my phone. Tried again there now and still getting the same error message.

Your settings won't be changed until you receive a message and confirm that you would like to accept the new settings.

flodis79 wrote:
    you cannot run AFT in the intent java midp emulator on vodafone 1240, aka htc tornado. you have to use the IBM J9 java runtime environment from:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/518874-post13.html

Don't ask me why it's not working with the generic intent one, but at least it will definitely work with IBM :)
    How strange! I'll give it a go once I get a few minutes to spare to set it up.

Cheers!

dal wrote:
    Your settings won't be changed until you receive a message and confirm that you would like to accept the new settings.

I'm not receiveing a message with the settings. Is there any other way to update them??

mickger wrote:
    I'm not receiveing a message with the settings. Is there any other way to update them??

Ring up o2 and ask them why you can't receive the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

Dal,

Is it possible to support the clipboard in this app? The problem i have is that when I try to send a text thru AFT and discover that the 02 site is down, it would be nice to be able to send the text the normal way without having to retype i.e to be able to copy the text from Recent Texts and then paste in to the standard Create Message. Would it be possible to do this?

Don't know if Copy & Paste is only supported on certain phones though ....

Thanks!
    C

caster wrote:
    Dal,

Is it possible to support the clipboard in this app? The problem i have is that when I try to send a text thru AFT and discover that the 02 site is down, it would be nice to be able to send the text the normal way without having to retype i.e to be able to copy the text from Recent Texts and then paste in to the standard Create Message. Would it be possible to do this?

Don't know if Copy & Paste is only supported on certain phones though ....

Thanks!
    C

Unfortunately, this is not possible. Its a pain, I know.

mickger wrote:

If you read through the AFT thread you will see the setup for Motorola. O2 and Motorola send MMS and WAP settings OTA and you need to configure and activate as default the O2 gprs settings manually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

anyone know if this will work on the se t630? on o2. i tried both versions but still fails, any ideas? cheers

anyone know if this will work on the se t630? on o2. i tried both versions but still fails, any ideas? cheers

when correctly configured any java enabled handset will work. For O2, make sure you determine and use the correct settings for your price plan. For speakeasy use the "pp.internet" access point and use the "internet" one for billpay.

Having reaad through the AFT & AFT1.2 threads, if you are having difficulties, load opera mini on your phone and hassle O2 support until it works. Then using the same access settings AFT will run successfully. Then take a few minutes to share how to successfully configure the phone in this thread so that others can benefit from the experience:D

yapyap wrote:
    Then take a few minutes to share how to successfully configure the phone in this thread so that others can benefit from the experience:D

I'd like to know this too as i've still not got AFT to work and also Opera Mini can't get a connection either. I can get online with O2 Active though.

It looks like the T630 is MIDP 1.0 only. Can you get the app on your phone and launch it and if so, what happens?

dal wrote:
    It looks like the T630 is MIDP 1.0 only. Can you get the app on your phone and launch it and if so, what happens?
    Yeah i have the midp 1.0 and I enter the details and type in the message and number and try to send and then it says it fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah i have the midp 1.0 and I enter the details and type in the message and number and try to send and then it says it fails.
    Brother got exactly the same problem.

The T630 is midp1
    According to this the phone works with Opera Mini
    Have you created a seperate Data Account with isp settings? You will not got those settings from either the O2 or the SE sites
    Have you consulted your user manual to show you how to create a separate Data account using the correct settings described as either Postpay ISP / EMAIL over GPRS Settings or Prepay ISP / EMAIL over GPRS Settings
    Until you can confirm that the correct data account is working - by testing with Opera Mini there's no point in posting questions about AFT
    The ability to browse O2 active only demonstrates that you have a WAP account enabled

yapyap wrote:
    The T630 is midp1
    Have you created a seperate Data Account with isp settings? You will not got those settings from either the O2 or the SE sites
    Have you consulted your user manual to show you how to create a separate Data account using the correct settings described as either Postpay ISP / EMAIL over GPRS Settings or Prepay ISP / EMAIL over GPRS Settings
    Ni, I haven't done that, I wll give it a go but I don't know would i Have the capabilities, is it complicated?

yapyap wrote:
    The T630 is midp1
    Until you can confirm that the correct data account is working - by testing with Opera Mini there's no point in posting questions about AFT
    The ability to browse O2 active only demonstrates that you have a WAP account enabled
    Thanks for your reply Yapyap, how do I go about setting the correct data account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Dal, the problem with some vodafone user's getting charged 16c is because AFT is accessing the net over the more expensive live.vodaofne.ie apn rather than the isp.vodaofne.ie (2c/kb) Is this apn something that can be changed on the server side or user side?

I've had a good look around my 6680 and can't see any way to change this.

Advertisement