Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

failsafe wrote:
    Dal, the problem with some vodafone user's getting charged 16c is because AFT is accessing the net over the more expensive live.vodaofne.ie apn rather than the isp.vodaofne.ie (2c/kb) Is this apn something that can be changed on the server side or user side?

I've had a good look around my 6680 and can't see any way to change this.

Its definitely not something that can be changed within AFT or the server side, so it must be in the phone settings (though I have no idea where). Are you on billpay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

failsafe wrote:
    Dal, the problem with some vodafone user's getting charged 16c is because AFT is accessing the net over the more expensive live.vodaofne.ie apn rather than the isp.vodaofne.ie (2c/kb) Is this apn something that can be changed on the server side or user side?

I've had a good look around my 6680 and can't see any way to change this.

The access point must be manually changed on the handset

About the charge, this is the problem. Vf charge a minimum of 10 kb per GPRS/3G connection on billpay at 2c/kb

Thanks for your reply Yapyap, how do I go about setting the correct data account?
    PM me with your location, your operator, price plan and if you want to send the phone to me to set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

dal wrote:
    Its definitely not something that can be changed within AFT or the server side, so it must be in the phone settings (though I have no idea where). Are you on billpay?
    Yeah I'm on billpaid. I have a strong feeling that if i manage to tell my phone to use the ips apn to connect with aft that it'll bring the cost down, but i just can't find the option in any of my settings. I might give nokia a ring.

That would make sense what yapyap said (10kb minimum = 20c = 16c exvat) I haven't tried it with a ready to go number, are they being charged less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

yapyap wrote:
    The access point must be manually changed on the handset

About the charge, this is the problem. Vf charge a minimum of 10 kb per GPRS/3G connection on billpay at 2c/kb

Rang O2 and got pp.internet set up. What are the exact settings required in order to get pp.internet to work? Do i set up a new connection with pp.internet as the apn? Or do i just change pp.wap.o2.ie to pp.internet in my settings:confused: My phone is a Moto V300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I have to say, this is a bloody marvellous app, it works perfectly!

I have shortcuts set up on my Sony Ericsson W810 so that I press Up and then Enter, and I'm at the Write New page... loads straight away, and I can look up the contacts in my phone too.

10/10! International texts aren't looking so expensive anymore....

I'm on O2 billpay, so its as cheap as it gets really.

Thanks to the author for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Is it possible to go through wap and download the program? i have no way of transferring to my phone otherwise

@ronano
    what handset?
    what network?
    what plan?
    you can download throgh wap, but cannot use through wap. downloading through wap dearer than through gprs isp, so get this working on your phone first, then download, then use:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is the app suddenly not working for anyone else on O2? Keep getting 'there was a problem sending your message'

It's been working for me for the past few weeks and the odd time i do get the "there was a problem..", i try and log on to O2 webtext and it's usually down.. so i typically blame it on that. But i can log onto O2 no problem today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

My phone is off atm, recharging but i can send using http://killarneyonline.eu/o2text/ so AFT should work then if all your connection settings are ok

• Advertisement

Nope.. just tried from the phone and didn't work.

Odd.. as i haven't changed my settings or anything.

EDIT: Tried sending a message from KillarneyOnline and got:
    Status Stuff:
    Unfortuntally It Failed. More than likely o2 down as usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

very wierd. KillarneyOnline works for me. I know this is obvious but you sure your password is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

basquille wrote:
    Nope.. just tried from the phone and didn't work.

Odd.. as i haven't changed my settings or anything.

EDIT: Tried sending a message from KillarneyOnline and got:
    try going to this url on the phone and sending from there:

http://texter.awardspace.com/t.php?u=08xxxxxxx&p=xxxxxxx&n=o2

edit:

that's h://texter.awardspace.com/t.php?u=08xxxxxxx&p=xxxxxxx&n=o2

with the the ttp back in http. stupid url shortening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Sorry for my lazyness in not reading through all this thread but can anyone tell what Vodafone settings I should be using for maximum savings!!

Seems to work fine from the Web now not my phone.

Will try re-sending the settings to my phone and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Nope.. re-sent settings and didn't work. Very odd as it's been working for the last few weeks and hasn't went near the settings. The GPRS (G) flashes for a moment and then disconnects and says "there was a problem sending your message". The connection settings i'm using are sent from the Nokia website which worked without problem until this.. settings are as follows:
    Connection name: Value Prepay
    Data bearer: GPRS
    Access point name: pp.internet
    Username: O2
    Prompt password: No
    Password: ****
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: www.o2.ie

Oh.. and i have no other settings on my phone (WAP, MMS etc) as i can remember having a problem with numerous settings on my phone.

Anyone else have this problem?

Can someone please post the settings required for it to work with O2? The settings sent to my phone from O2 don't work. I got pp.internet enabled on my account. I'm using the Motorola V300. Spent hours trying to get this to work with still no joy. I'm close to giving up on it at this stage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

yapyap wrote:
    @ronano
    what handset?
    what network?
    what plan?
    you can download throgh wap, but cannot use through wap. downloading through wap dearer than through gprs isp, so get this working on your phone first, then download, then use:D

handset - motorola l6
    network - meteor
    plan - pay as you go

mickger wrote:
    Can someone please post the settings required for it to work with O2? The settings sent to my phone from O2 don't work. I got pp.internet enabled on my account. I'm using the Motorola V300. Spent hours trying to get this to work with still no joy. I'm close to giving up on it at this stage :(
    ronano wrote:
    handset - motorola l6
    network - meteor
    plan - pay as you go

Search thru the AFT thread and you will find screen shots I posted for setting Motorola for isp (pp.internet & isp.mymeteor.ie)

Web > Web Sessions > Create New > enter details for O2 / Meteor
    You must make this web session the default

Okay - here they are again:D

yapyap wrote:
    Search thru the AFT thread and you will find screen shots I posted for setting Motorola for isp (pp.internet & isp.mymeteor.ie)

Web > Web Sessions > Create New > enter details for O2 / Meteor
    You must make this web session the default

Okay - here they are again:D

Have the settings exactly the same as you posted in the thread Yapyap and set them as the default. Can't get on the net with those settings or get AFT to work. I called O2 twice and they assure me that pp.internet is enabled on my account. Guess i can't do anymore than that :( Pity because i would love to get it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@mickger

Did you ring data support or normal customer care? Try data support 1850601740 - I've always found them to be more responsive to data related issues. I think that number might divert you to regular cust care outside business hours though, so try in the morning or whatever...

Does opera mini work for you? That uses the same settings / provisioning on your account afaik.

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    @mickger

Did you ring data support or normal customer care? Try data support 1850601740 - I've always found them to be more responsive to data related issues. I think that number might divert you to regular cust care outside business hours though, so try in the morning or whatever...

Does opera mini work for you? That uses the same settings / provisioning on your account afaik.

Yeah i rang data support yesterday and actually got a guy who seemed to know his stuff. I told him i wanted to use opera mini and never mentioned AFT.Opera Mini does'nt work for me either.Again he assured me pp.internet was enabled.

mickger wrote:
    Have the settings exactly the same as you posted in the thread Yapyap and set them as the default. Can't get on the net with those settings or get AFT to work. I called O2 twice and they assure me that pp.internet is enabled on my account. Guess i can't do anymore than that :( Pity because i would love to get it working.

try username: gprs
    password: gprs
    confirm password: gprs

yapyap wrote:
    try username: gprs
    password: gprs
    confirm password: gprs

Tried that and its still not working.

mickger wrote:
    Tried that and its still not working.

Step 1 is to ensure your data connection works.
    Step 2 is to get AFT working
    So are you saying gprs won't work or AFT won't work?

You determine if gprs is working if, having set the O2 gprs websession to default you can browse using opera mini. Don't worry about AFT until you have that right

yapyap wrote:
    Step 1 is to ensure your data connection works.
    Step 2 is to get AFT working
    So are you saying gprs won't work or AFT won't work?

You determine if gprs is working if, having set the O2 gprs websession to default you can browse using opera mini. Don't worry about AFT until you have that right

Opera Mini gives me the error " You don't have a data connection" Twice the guy from O2 told me pp.internet was enabled on my account, Looks like maybe its not.

mickger wrote:
    Opera Mini gives me the error " You don't have a data connection" Twice the guy from O2 told me pp.internet was enabled on my account, Looks like maybe its not.
    So can you get a mate's SIM to try in your phone or can you try your SIM in another phone? Then you'll know if it's the phone or the SIM.
    If your phone is unlocked, use any SIM, just create a new default websession if the SIM is from a different network or O2 contract using this wizard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I am having the same problem as you mickger, i think.

yapyap wrote:
    So can you get a mate's SIM to try in your phone or can you try your SIM in another phone? Then you'll know if it's the phone or the SIM.
    If your phone is unlocked, use any SIM, just create a new default websession if the SIM is from a different network or O2 contract using this wizard

The phone is unlocked so i can try a Vodafone sim i have or a Meteor one but i think the meteor one would have to be enabled for internet. I'm gonna try the vodafone one now. Thanks yapyap for your help by the way.

mickger wrote:
    The phone is unlocked so i can try a Vodafone sim i have or a Meteor one but i think the meteor one would have to be enabled for internet. I'm gonna try the vodafone one now. Thanks yapyap for your help by the way.

wizard out of date on Vf payg
    Use settings attached

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    wizard out of date on Vf payg
    Use settings attached

Tried 2 different Vodafone sims. One worked then did'nt work and the other just did'nt work using Opera Mini for all tests.

Advertisement