Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

mickger wrote:
    Tried 2 different Vodafone sims. One worked then did'nt work and the other just did'nt work using Opera Mini for all tests.

Without the phone in my hand I can't figure what else could be wrong unless you try u/name = user and password = 123 Presumably you've gone through network permissions and allowed application access
    With the Vf SIM, they need to be enabled for isp too, so maybe that's what's wrong unless it was actually working in another phone.
    I don't suppose you're into modding your Moto so you could set the phone to have the option of deleting all web sessions and just leaving the one for O2 gprs so it would have to be the default.
    If you bought off O2, then hound them until they get it working for you. Otherwise you'll have to bring it to someone to have it set up. The set up works for me. Make an effort to check your SIM works in another phone, so at least you can narrow the problem down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

DOes anyone know how to set this app for a hot key on a nokia 6101, so i dont have to go through loads of menus to send a text?

And also the phonebook, is there any way to get a number directly from your phonebook as opposed to remembering the number and entering? I even entered a few into the AFT phonebook but there always gone when i come back to use them!

DOes anyone know how to set this app for a hot key on a nokia 6101, so i dont have to go through loads of menus to send a text?

And also the phonebook, is there any way to get a number directly from your phonebook as opposed to remembering the number and entering? I even entered a few into the AFT phonebook but there always gone when i come back to use them!

move the app to collection
    press left soft key "go to"
    select options > select options > select > mark collection
    Done
    Save Changes > yes
    select options > Organise > Scroll to Collection > Move > Move to Top
    Done
    Now when you press go to > Collection > AFT

In AFT, after writing text and looks for phone number
    Press Edit
    Press Options > Search > Then select your number from phone / SIM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

yapyap wrote:
    move the app to collection
    press left soft key "go to"
    select options > select options > select > mark collection
    Done
    Save Changes > yes
    select options > Organise > Scroll to Collection > Move > Move to Top
    Done
    Now when you press go to > Collection > AFT

ThanksYap Yap youve been a great help in all this process! But were is this "collection" thing you talk off? cant see it anywere! you'll have to be more specific im pretty crap with phones!

When you installed did you instal in menu > "Applications" folder or in subfolders "games", "collection" or "extra"? If it's in "Applications" folder there's an option to move to "collection" subfolder. If you have installed in "games" or "extra" you need to delete, reinstal and select to instal to "applications" folder. After that move AFT to "collection" sub folder

• Advertisement

Squill wrote:
    ............Oh.. and i have no other settings on my phone (WAP, MMS etc) as i can remember having a problem with numerous settings on my phone.

Anyone else have this problem?

make & model of phone?
    Is it AFT specific or connection probs?

ANYONE LOOKING FOR HELP SHOULD POST MAKE & MODEL OF HANDSET TOGETHER WITH OPERATOR & PLAN & DETAILS OF ERROR MESSAGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Apologies yapyap.

Nokia 6670 on O2 Speakeasy... well, i'll try installing AFT again later when i get home but my connection settings haven't changed.. it just stopped working all of a sudden.

And have gave details of error above.

EDIT: Had a copy of the AFT jar on my phone so uninstalled and re-installed it.. same problem. Connection settings are stated above but since it connects to GPRS for a moment, then disconnects and says "There was a problem sending your message" - i would imagine it's connection related but connection settings above have worked for me up until recently without problem! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Squill wrote:
    ....Nokia 6670 on O2 Speakeasy... wel i would imagine it's connection related but connection settings above have worked for me up until recently without problem! :confused:

To determine if the error is a manifestation of connection or AFT problems, can you browse the web using Opera Mini. If you can then I would try a clean reinstal of AFT. It's important to delete the previous version.
    For some Nokia phones the proper settings dont come OTA from Nokia, so they have to be manually configured. You didn't mess around with the network access settings in the application - say putting a setting not allowing network access. Or did you mess around with the Force Get Settings in the u/name , p/wod menu
    ziggy67 wrote:
    Nokia 6680, Vodafone Ready To Go.
    It's quite possible that vodafone isp is not enabled on your new PAYG account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Advertisement

NiSmO wrote:

ISP and be careful if you're on bill pay that you have a data plan, else texts cost 20c each
    ziggy67 wrote:
    I got all the settings sent to my phone again if thats what you mean. If thats not what you mean how do i do this?

My webtext account is still under my bill pay settings, they haven't set it up for Ready To Go yet so could this be the problem? I can't see how but you never know.

Internet connection on a mobile phone needs to have a correct Access Point configured, and the configuration is mobile operator dependent. Please note that most operators provide settings suitable for WAP browsing by default, and that the Internet connection usually requires different settings and possibly an operator activation to work.

The Access Point settings on a Series 60 device (Nokia 6680) can be found under: "Tools -> Settings -> Connection -> Access points -> Access point name". On another divice type the entry might be at a different menu position. The setting should be named like "internet" or "web"; usually anything with "wap" in it limits the connection to WAP only.

It is the latter access point required by applications such as Opera Mini or AFT . Vf could have disabled access through isp when you migrated to RTG. However it's unlikely as "subscribe to data packet" error message would have shown up

Do you use email on your phone? This application uses vodafone isp too and if it's still working they haven't switched it off

Can you send through multi text? This uses the same gateway, so a server problem would manifest itself in AFT and multitext.

If it was working okay, I would try a clean reinstal of AFT first. If the problem persists, I would download and instal Opera Mini using your phone browser go to www.mini.opera.com and scroll to British English version. This application together with your email application requires the exact same internet configuration as AFT so you could get onto technical support and tell them you need to get Opera working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

here's a suggestion - when you reply o a message a pop-up to prompt you to ask you if u want to use aft. I don't know how many times I've just pressed reply and spent 6x the amount i would had I used aft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

maxitwist wrote:
    here's a suggestion - when you reply o a message a pop-up to prompt you to ask you if u want to use aft. I don't know how many times I've just pressed reply and spent 6x the amount i would had I used aft.
    believe me that would be done if it were possible. But it isn't :( - That would mean editing the phones software

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Well, I've given it another go again now: I installed the IBM J9 java emulator on my Vodafone V1240 (O2 Network) and installed AFT successfully using it :) I can now launch the program, type in a text .. but when I try sending it, AFT uses the wrong connection type (WAP) and so the text doesn't get set. The V1240 has different profiles and with Internet Explorer (for example), you can select the profile you want to use (ie. GPRS, Internet, WAP) but I can't see any way of setting this via AFT. Is there a hidden setting to allow me to set which profile to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

byrnefm wrote:
    Is there a hidden setting to allow me to set which profile to use?
    AFT can't control which type of connection your phone uses.
    There should be options on most phones on a per application basis where you can set permissions and internet access type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

byrnefm wrote:
    Well, I've given it another go again now: I installed the IBM J9 java emulator on my Vodafone V1240 (O2 Network) and installed AFT successfully using it :) I can now launch the program, type in a text .. but when I try sending it, AFT uses the wrong connection type (WAP) and so the text doesn't get set. The V1240 has different profiles and with Internet Explorer (for example), you can select the profile you want to use (ie. GPRS, Internet, WAP) but I can't see any way of setting this via AFT. Is there a hidden setting to allow me to set which profile to use?

I have used AFT with the IBM emulator alot, and it works flawlessly. It will use the connection you have set to "connect to: internet" on at the moment, so be sure not to have two profiles set to connect to internet at the same time, if so the phone will be confused. In the Intent midlet manager you can set if the midlets should use internet, work, wap or secure wap profiles, but in the IBM one there's no way to do this, so just make sure to set pp.internet, and gprs/gprs in id/pass fields, and then try the IBM again. Good luck! PM me if any problems.

Edit: You should be able to send via the wap.o2.ie APN on o2, worked on my friend's Nokia phone, so even if you have that wap setting set, it should send...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

Hi guys,

No matter what i do on my nokia 3220 the 'preferred access points' is always empty. I have followed all the instructions posted in the other treads but it's still always empty.

Does snyone have any ideas??
    Thanks

Quarrybaby wrote:
    Hi guys,
    No matter what i do on my nokia 3220 the 'preferred access points' is always empty. I have followed all the instructions posted in the other treads but it's still always empty.
    Does snyone have any ideas??
    Thanks

Google this and look at page 12
    Developer_Platform_2_0_Known_Issues_v2_2_en

If you get your software flashed to version 5.10 or later, you will have the option of configuring a preferred access point manually

A service access point can be added in the Nokia 3220 v5.10 device as follows, and it will be shown as a selectable item in the Preferred Access Point List.

Select:

Menu --> Settings --> Configuration settings --> Personal configuration settings --> Options --> Add new -> Select the type as: Access Point.

A new access point will be created and it can be named and configured as desired. The new access point appears as a selectable item in the Preferred Access Points List (Menu --> Settings --> Configuration settings --> Preferred Access Point).

To get your version press *#0000#

Bring it to your local service centre if less than two years old and share the above information with them.

Alternatively try
    1 Deleting all settings off phone
    2 Downloading the settings for a 6230i from the Nokia website. This includes OTA settings for access point configuration and is also an S40-2. I don't know if this will work, but I'd try it anyway> It WONT do any harm to your phone and may avoid a visit to the service centre

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    Google this and look at page 12
    Developer_Platform_2_0_Known_Issues_v2_2_en

Thank you for that.

It was really bugging me, well at least now i know that its a known problem and not my stupidity!!! And the nice lady in the 02 call centre basically thought i was mad when i asked her about it!!!

Ah well!

Quarrybaby wrote:
    Thank you for that.

It was really bugging me, well at least now i know that its a known problem and not my stupidity!!! And the nice lady in the 02 call centre basically thought i was mad when i asked her about it!!!

Ah well!

Try out what I told you to get the 6230i settings from the Nokia website and see what happens. I'd be interested to know if it works. I can assure you that doing so will not harm your phone and if it doessn't work simply delete again and reload the 3220 settings

yapyap wrote:
    Try out what I told you to get the 6230i settings from the Nokia website and see what happens. I'd be interested to know if it works. I can assure you that doing so will not harm your phone and if it doessn't work simply delete again and reload the 3220 settings

Yes, didnt see that part of the message the last time, u must have been editing it while i was replying.

Your a genius!!! Well sort of hehe!!!

I sent the settings for a 6230i to my phone, and now i can select a preferred access point!! Yay! However now when i try to send a message on AFT i get a message saying GPRS Authentication Failed!!!

Quarrybaby wrote:
    Yes, didnt see that part of the message the last time, u must have been editing it while i was replying.

Your a genius!!! Well sort of hehe!!!

I sent the settings for a 6230i to my phone, and now i can select a preferred access point!! Yay! However now when i try to send a message on AFT i get a message saying GPRS Authentication Failed!!!

I am assuming
    1 you're on Speakeasy and
    2 that you were unable to create a preferred access point through the personal configuration settings menu because
    3 your firmware version is earlier than 5.1 and
    4 that you have verified that by pressing *#0000# and
    5 you've downloaded 6230i standard settings from Nokia website

Select Menu > Settings > Configuration > Preferred Access Point
    It's vital that in the selectable Preferred Access Point menu that you press select on the highlighted "Value Prepay"

If that doesn't work, your phone was announced on 31st May 2004.
    The bug was only fixed in April 2006 (TSJ000320) so put pressure on the Nokia guy to update the software.

Press *#92702689# and you will see the manufacturing date of your phone

Print off the relevant page of the pdf link I sent you for the Nokia guy

yapyap wrote:
    I am assuming
    1 you're on Speakeasy and
    2 that you were unable to create a preferred access point through the personal configuration settings menu because
    3 your firmware version is earlier than 5.1 and
    4 that you have verified that by pressing *#0000# and
    5 you've downloaded 6230i standard settings from Nokia website

Select Menu > Settings > Configuration > Preferred Access Point
    It's vital that in the selectable Preferred Access Point menu that you press select on the highlighted "Value Prepay"

If that doesn't work, your phone was announced on 31st May 2004.
    The bug was only fixed in April 2006 (TSJ000320) so put pressure on the Nokia guy to update the software.

Press *#92702689# and you will see the manufacturing date of your phone

Print off the relevant page of the pdf link I sent you for the Nokia guy

Yep done all that. My phone is version 3.30!!! I had a motorola v3x which fell out of my pocket into the loo, so i've been using my old 3220 ever since as i cant afford a new phone right now!! So it's manufacture date is 2004. But sure i'll bring it in to the shop anyway and see what they can do.

Cheers for all your help yapyap

Quarrybaby wrote:
    Yep done all that. My phone is version 3.30!!! I had a motorola v3x which fell out of my pocket into the loo, so i've been using my old 3220 ever since as i cant afford a new phone right now!! So it's manufacture date is 2004. But sure i'll bring it in to the shop anyway and see what they can do.

Cheers for all your help yapyap

You wont get any remedy from a normal mobile phone shop. You need to find your local Nokia Service Centre here and ask them to reflash the phone to the latest version. Under the circumstances, they may do it for free. Ring them first and explain how desperate you are and how you used to go back to the shop you bought it from complaining and they never minded you and how now a friend has shown you the technical docs from Nokia and how shocked you are and .......... Alternatively go to a Mobile Phone Repair shop - they will be able to reflash but are less likely to do it for free unless you have excellent powers of persuasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

flodis79 wrote:
    I have used AFT with the IBM emulator alot, and it works flawlessly. It will use the connection you have set to "connect to: internet" ..snip..
    Edit: You should be able to send via the wap.o2.ie APN on o2, worked on my friend's Nokia phone, so even if you have that wap setting set, it should send...
    Thanks flodis79 - I'll check these settings out on my phone and let you know how I get on. I've never been able to get dial-up WAP to work on my V1240 yet but GPRS and Internet work, at least. It is *not* an easy phone to figure out how to configure from scratch...

byrnefm wrote:
    .... I've never been able to get dial-up WAP to work on my V1240 yet but GPRS and Internet work, at least. It is *not* an easy phone to figure out how to configure from scratch...

maybe the reason you can't get dial up wap on your device is because O2 stopped this service last March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

By Way o2 is changing site so o2 doesn't work atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Webmonkey wrote:
    By Way o2 is changing site so o2 doesn't work atm

Multitext works with o2...Are you not using the same way of sending the message on AFT?

Advertisement