Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

first of all many thanks for this app!

I did a quick search but didn't see any other posts on this :

The add contacts feature doesn't work for me - it did at the start, but now I cannot save contacts name/phone numbers to the list. It has 4 original saved entries (saved after sending test messages to the recipients), but I cannot add/save anymore to the list by going in via the menu.

I'm using a motorola v3 on the meteor network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

ablelocks wrote:
    first of all many thanks for this app!

I did a quick search but didn't see any other posts on this :

The add contacts feature doesn't work for me - it did at the start, but now I cannot save contacts name/phone numbers to the list. It has 4 original saved entries (saved after sending test messages to the recipients), but I cannot add/save anymore to the list by going in via the menu.

I'm using a motorola v3 on the meteor network.

Could be just mack of memory. If you delete one, can you then replace it with another one? That would indicate you can't store more than four names. Moto's fault not AFT
    BTW have you used the feature of AFT to look up your contacts in phone?
    When you are asked to enter phone number, a LOOKUP appears at right hand soft key. The right hand soft key may not work, but if you press the Centre Select of the 4 way navigation key instead you can browse through your phone book contacts to select a recipient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

flodis79 wrote:
    Multitext works with o2...Are you not using the same way of sending the message on AFT?
    AFT is still working for me. In theory, the o2 site might not be working, but AFT could still be working.

yapyap wrote:
    Could be just mack of memory.
    Correct. What about the recent texts. There is a maximum of 20. Do you have 20? Delete them all and see if you can add more contacts. A contact will take up much less memory than a stored text. There should be a way to see how much mem you have left on your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I just installed this on my motorola V3 , meteor.

I think I installed it right. Is there any tutorial on installing it?

It appears now in my Games and Apps folder.. dunno if thats right.

I start it up and it lets me write a messege, send it to a number and finally
    choose the URL I want to use. I choosen the default one. But it then says
    sending.............. after manys "." the phone crashes? screen goes black.
    I shut over the lid and open it again and it says 0 bytes transfered.

I just installed this on my motorola V3 , meteor.

I think I installed it right. Is there any tutorial on installing it?

It appears now in my Games and Apps folder.. dunno if thats right.

I start it up and it lets me write a messege, send it to a number and finally
    choose the URL I want to use. I choosen the default one. But it then says
    sending.............. after manys "." the phone crashes? screen goes black.
    I shut over the lid and open it again and it says 0 bytes transfered.

For motorolas you have to uncheck the vibrate on send option in the settings. That is why the screen is crashing. Try that and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I have it on meteor with a nokia 6101, was working perfect until yesterday. Now when i go to open the app its says "opening folder" but never actually opens the folder:confused:

Any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

I changed some code around on the server so now if it fails to send a message it will try again, and if it fails then it will return -2.

Should increase reliability somewhat, around 5 messages a day atleast fails due to vodafone/meteor having crappy websites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just an update with it not working on my Nokia 6670... i gave up hope due to the connection issues.

Tried it yesterday and was getting that 'O2 more than likely down as usual' message.. but back to the 'There was a problem sending your message' today.

Mighty damn irritating but far too much hassle to get sorted.

basquille wrote:
    Just an update with it not working on my Nokia 6670... i gave up hope due to the connection issues.

Tried it yesterday and was getting that 'O2 more than likely down as usual' message.. but back to the 'There was a problem sending your message' today.

Mighty damn irritating but far too much hassle to get sorted.

That's interesting because the 'O2 more than likely down as usual' is actually a server response which would suggest that you connection details are all fine! Just double check everything else (username password) to make sure there is nothing else that could be going wrong.
    I just successfully sent myself a message so I know AFT and the servers are working right now.

donutface wrote:
    I changed some code around on the server so now if it fails to send a message it will try again, and if it fails then it will return -2.

Should increase reliability somewhat, around 5 messages a day atleast fails due to vodafone/meteor having crappy websites

Cheers!

Any chance I could rob everything you done and pass it off as a fourth year
    project???? :D Ill give you a mac d's voucher and a muffin of choice if you're ever
    around DCU :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Cheers!

project???? :D Ill give you a mac d's voucher and a muffin of choice if you're ever
    Ooo... a muffin! TAKE THE DEAL!! TAKE THE GOD DAMMED DEAL BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

yapyap wrote:
    Could be just mack of memory. If you delete one, can you then replace it with another one? That would indicate you can't store more than four names. Moto's fault not AFT
    BTW have you used the feature of AFT to look up your contacts in phone?
    When you are asked to enter phone number, a LOOKUP appears at right hand soft key. The right hand soft key may not work, but if you press the Centre Select of the 4 way navigation key instead you can browse through your phone book contacts to select a recipient

lack of memory was the problem - cleared a lot of junk off the phone and cleared the AFT sent texts and was able to add all addresses fine. thanks for the advice

the LOOKUP function doesn't feature on my phone? Not that it matters to me now I've re-entered all the contacts, but it may be something ye want to check. It's not on the soft key and not on the centre navigation key.

when asked to enter phone number, if I press the centre menu button, I get the following :

insert pause
    insert wait
    insert 'n'

and the right soft key displays "insert pause"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Solved my issue with AFT.

Used my existing APN settings but as opposed to 'gprs' or 'O2' as username and password, i left them blank. I know this was suggested but it's odd than using 'O2' and 'gprs' worked until recently.

Also seemed to be charging between 2c and 3c for each message sent but can live with that i guess.

Cheers!

I was thinking about this many times, i'm pretty sure its an A project. When does it have to be due? add me on msn (donut at donutsoft dot net) and we can talk it over, although I wouldnt give it away for a mac d's voucher :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Id be careful using it as a fourth year project as its against the term of the Operaters Site to use automated scripts on the site. It might make it an invalid project!

Fourth year aint for another year :( Have to do a 3rd year project. It supposed
    to simulate an Ant colony. Well it feckin' better! :)

The legal problems I guess could be looked into when the time comes. But there
    has to be a few loop holes with something like this. But im glad to hear that you
    would be interested in letting someone extend this project further. Probably by
    the time I can start working on this someone or yourself will have it developed
    to near its potential, if its not already there.

Oh and I will consider upgrading the mac d's voucher to a Supermacs or even
    Burger King. Sure we can enter into negotiations when/if the time comes. :D

Oh and I put my phone on silent but Im nearly sure I hear it vibrate right before
    it crashes. "O bytes sent..". Ill look into it more tomorrow. Its probably the phone
    settings somewhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52354306#post52354306

Have a look at that thread regarding group texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I got the k800i today. Do I need to ring up o2 to activate some settings so I can use AFT?

I got the k800i today. Do I need to ring up o2 to activate some settings so I can use AFT?
    Prepay?
    Ring 1850601740 and ask them to activate the pp.internet access point on your account. Tell them you're trying to use Opera Mini if they ask.

Postpay?
    Ring 1850601740 and ask them to activate the internet access point on your account. Tell them you're trying to use Opera Mini if they ask.

ciaranfo wrote:
    Prepay?
    Ring 1850601740 and ask them to activate the pp.internet access point on your account. Tell them you're trying to use Opera Mini if they ask.

Postpay?
    Ring 1850601740 and ask them to activate internet access point on your account. Tell them you're trying to use Opera Mini if they ask.
    Cheers. Just did that and they sent out the settings. Now I still can't send a message. Is it my settings for Java (under internet settings) that affects it? Which should I select?

• Advertisement

Cheers. Just did that and they sent out the settings. Now I still can't send a message. Is it my settings for Java (under internet settings) that affects it? Which should I select?
    It's proberly setup to use O2 WAP GPRS? Set it to O2 GPRS and see what happens?

ciaranfo wrote:
    It's proberly setup to use O2 WAP GPRS? Set it to O2 GPRS and see what happens?
    Just did that and it still incurred a problem. How do I set the settings correctly?

The settings should be in a stick at the top of the forum - or ring 1850601740 back and have them send out the ISP settings to you - or talk you through it :)

ciaranfo wrote:
    The settings should be in a stick at the top of the forum - or ring 1850601740 back and have them send out the ISP settings to you - or talk you through it :)
    Thanks, I will try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Bare in mind that O2 have changed their site so i'll try give a go updating the script with the changes as soon as i get a chance. Extremly busy!

Webmonkey wrote:
    Bare in mind that O2 have changed their site so i'll try give a go updating the script with the changes as soon as i get a chance. Extremly busy!
    Of course, I was on to you about this - I should have thought about that when I was advising him!

At least you'll have all the settings sorted out for when it comes back online - do you know anyone with a Meteor or Vodafone account which you can use to test connectivity?

I don't really know what to do, I guess I will try ringing the helpline tomorrow. What should I ask them?

I still can't get it working. Any chance there could be an issue with the sim or anything like that? o2 say my settings are activated and they can do no more. Am I selecting the wrong stuff? Anyone else using a k800i got any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Whoa, how did I miss this little app! :D
    Works a treat on my K750, pity I can't create a shortut to it though.
    Good work!

• Advertisement

BopNiblets wrote:
    Whoa, how did I miss this little app! :D
    Works a treat on my K750, pity I can't create a shortut to it though.
    Good work!

I installed it in "games" and then created a shortcut to games. This way, from the home screen, all I have to do is press left and then enter (aft should be the first on the list of games).

Advertisement