Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Release 1.2. All networks. New Features.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Has anyone got pp.wap.o2.ie to work as the APN on a N6230i? pp.internet costs 2c min per message. or is anyone able to send the text for .25c on a 6230i cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I don't know why a phone would make a difference. It must be to do with the settings on o2's end but all i know at the moment is i sent about 15 messages with aft and my cred still 0.2c!
    Ne ways o2 seems to be working a bit better now

What phone are you using have you set up an APN I think this is the problem I have tried 3 other sims in the same phone they all have almost free text from there own phones when I use them in mine they are charged?

why do we need to use the isp settings for aft to work is there anyway of makking it so it just uses normal wapsettings i,e pp.wap.o2.ie

i'm using pp.wap.o2.ie and seems to work fine

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote:
    i'm using pp.wap.o2.ie and seems to work fine
    What phone you using can you post exact settings?

Phone: Sony Ericsson K700i.

Data Account Name: O2 WAP GPRS
    APN: pp.wap.o2.ie
    Username: user
    Password: Dunno? (Starred out)
    Password Request: Off
    Allow Calls: Automatic
    IP Addresss: Empty (DHCP Prob? )
    DNS Address: Empty
    Authentication: Normal/None
    Data Compression: Off
    Head Compression: Off

Profile Name: O2 WAP GPRS
    Connect Using: Use Above (O2 WAP GPRS)
    Internet Mode: HTTP
    Use Proxy: Yes
    IP Address: 62.40.32.30
    Port Number: 8080
    Username: (Empty)
    Password: (Empty)

These seem to be working fine for me but do bare in mind that things are very unstable on o2 side of things so don't mistake a server side error as an error on your behalf. As an idea we should add a feature to AFT to allow debugging, ie Do a basic HTTP GET/POST to the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

SE w810i

o2 speakeasy.
    o2 WAP pre pay

Use Proxy : Yes.
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080
    Username: 
    PW:

Can't seem to find the first lot of info you got there WM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dirk_Swords

Is there a possibility to use AFT with my Blackberry Pearl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Is there a possibility to use AFT with my Blackberry Pearl?
    There is every possibility, I know for sure that people have got it working on blackberry before, though not sure about the Pearl.

Give it a whirl!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ulc84

Anyone know why it isn't working on o2 at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ulc84 wrote:
    Anyone know why it isn't working on o2 at the moment?
    Server issues connecting to O2 - there's worki n progress to fix it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ulc84

ciaranfo wrote:
    Server issues connecting to O2 - there's worki n progress to fix it :)
    Ok, thanks for the update and your continous effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I get an "invalid account" error when i try to send a text.

I'm using a SE W810i on VF PF100, AFT 1.2

Can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

I get an "invalid account" error when i try to send a text.

I'm using a SE W810i on VF PF100, AFT 1.2

Can anyone help?

In settings, ensure you have correct username and password and select vodafone as operator. The username and password should be the same as you use to successfully send webtext from www.vodafone.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Have a Sharp GX25. Loaded AFT alright. When I enter my number and password it lets me send text alright, but when I come back into AFT afterwards the settings need to be re-entered. Bit of a nuisance.

Help!!!

Reading through the thread I see a fix was put in for Sharp phones, but the original user with the problem never reported back. I can comfirm that the problem is still there.

Have a Sharp GX25. Loaded AFT alright. When I enter my number and password it lets me send text alright, but when I come back into AFT afterwards the settings need to be re-entered. Bit of a nuisance.

Help!!!

Reading through the thread I see a fix was put in for Sharp phones, but the original user with the problem never reported back. I can comfirm that the problem is still there.

Yep, its a problem with sharp phones and I don't think there is a solution. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

trying to get this working on a SE k500i

I've setup a new data account called "blah"
    APN - isp.vodafone.ie
    Username - vodafone
    password - vodafone

and then created a profile called "Java"
    Connect using - blah
    internet mode - http
    use proxy - no

AFT seems to send the text alright but brings back :
    Message Sent.
    You have <h1>Bad request (invalid header name)</h1> messages left

and I don't receive the text.

My internet settings are using a different profile called Vodafone Live, using data account "Wap GPRS" - I can access the Vodafone live site fine using this but this profile doesn't work with AFT either (the phone allows you to set seperate profiles for Internet and Java).

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

I've just bought a new LG Chocolate. Does anyone hae this phone and have AFT working on it???

I just get a message saying 'there was a problem sending your message'

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Works perfectly on Samsung SGH-X210.

Again, Samsungs seem to require downloading from the JAD url and you can't access the phone's contacts from within the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Only got it working recently on my Nokia 6020 with meteor. Now it's working very nicely. Thanks guys, great App. If you want any info about my settings etc. just ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Sorry if this has been asked before -did a good search.

Does anyone know how to actually load the jad/jar file onto a Sharp 550SH? :confused:

If anyone knows, please talk me through it as if I were five :o

Thanks

-C

conical wrote:
    Sorry if this has been asked before -did a good search.

Does anyone know how to actually load the jad/jar file onto a Sharp 550SH? :confused:

If anyone knows, please talk me through it as if I were five :o

Thanks

-C
    Try downloading it on the device itself through your WAP browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

ciaranfo wrote:
    Try downloading it on the device itself through your WAP browser.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, should have said what I've tried already;

By that I assume you mean go to http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar on my phones browser!? I tried that but it says it can't access that page.

I've also tried placing the file on the memory card.

From what I've gathered on the net, Vodafone/Sharp have the phone set up so the only(/easy) way to get java games/stuff is to download(/pay for it) from Vodafone.:mad:

-C

conical wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, should have said what I've tried already;

By that I assume you mean go to http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar on my phones browser!? I tried that but it says it can't access that page.

I've also tried placing the file on the memory card.

From what I've gathered on the net, Vodafone/Sharp have the phone set up so the only(/easy) way to get java games/stuff is to download(/pay for it) from Vodafone.:mad:

-C
    I've personally never been able to get it to install on a sharp phone. I think, as you say, that its closed to anything that you don't pay for.

The JAR file doesn't seem to work on a k610im. I've not tried the JAD file yet (trying when I get home), but it's bloody annoying!

Anyone successfully got it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JustSomeone

When I tried to install this on a Nokia 7250i, I get an "Application Not Supported" message. The Nokia Tech Spec for my phone lists the following under the "Java" heading:

Nokia UI API
    MIDP 1.0
    Wireless Messaging API (JSR-120)
    CLDC 1.0

Does that mean the phone doesn't support the right version of java for AFT? Is there an earlier version of AFT which might work on this old phone?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

ciaranfo wrote:
    The JAR file doesn't seem to work on a k610im. I've not tried the JAD file yet (trying when I get home), but it's bloody annoying!

Anyone successfully got it to work?

i don't think it will work with K610im as I tried it myself - it just won't work. I'm not a programmer but from my readings K610im uses different variance of Java (it is JoDa or sthing) compared to K610i or most of other the phones. The reason is all behind that i-mode thing on K610im, in short it will not accept CLDC/MIDP jar files. I know for sure I can't even download the contents from SE wap site.

There is a way, put in a new firmware but that will write off the i-mode and rest of application installed by O2. Or, if the authors of AFT or someone generous enuff to port AFT to JoDa, we'd be happy enuff to give a try!

Just my thoughts.

Mart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Has anyone here got it working on a Sony Erricson P910 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

When I tried to install this on a Nokia 7250i, I get an "Application Not Supported" message. The Nokia Tech Spec for my phone lists the following under the "Java" heading:

Nokia UI API
    MIDP 1.0
    Wireless Messaging API (JSR-120)
    CLDC 1.0

Does that mean the phone doesn't support the right version of java for AFT? Is there an earlier version of AFT which might work on this old phone?

Thanks

you need the midp 1 version of aft....link is in the aft 1.2 or aft threads or on the wiki page...can't remember or ask some of the guys to send you the link

Advertisement