Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone and BB package?

Options
  • 06-10-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭

Smart phone customer here - haven't been able to make outgoing calls for the last couple of days. Sick of Smart anyway, still haven't been able to use their BB. BB is with Eircom atm, 2mb package iirc. Should I just change the phone back to eircom or what would people reccomend? Want to get both with the same company as it is cheaper. Need at least 2mb and would prefer a decent upload also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Simona1986 wrote:
    Smart phone customer here - haven't been able to make outgoing calls for the last couple of days. Sick of Smart anyway, still haven't been able to use their BB. BB is with Eircom atm, 2mb package iirc. Should I just change the phone back to eircom or what would people reccomend? Want to get both with the same company as it is cheaper. Need at least 2mb and would prefer a decent upload also.
    The cheapest 2MB package, if you're not on a Smart or Magnet enabled exchange, is BT's "Broadband & Talk" bundle - €40 for 2MB DSL and Line Rental. Eircom will charge you €29.99 and €24.18 for the same "bundle".

If you're not on a Smart enabled exchange, then there's no real advantage for you in staying with Smart for calls, as things stand. If you want to save money, switch the calls back to eircom, and then switch calls and broadband to BT. (Eircom might not let you switch your broadband to BT while your calls are with Smart).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'm going to loose smart altogether. So you think I should go with BT? I wasn't exactly looking for the cheapest package, is BT any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Simona1986 wrote:
    I'm going to loose smart altogether. So you think I should go with BT? I wasn't exactly looking for the cheapest package, is BT any good?
    All DSL services in Ireland, except for the LLU packages available from Smart and Magnet, are resold versions of the eircom whoesale DSL service. So the service between your house and the exchange will be exactly the same no matter who you get your DSL from. From the exchange to your ISPs network, and from your ISP to the internet can be a bit different, but there haven't been many complaints about the quality of BT's network.

Advertisement