Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astroturf/Indoor Soccer in Galway

Options
  • 06-10-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

I've recently moved to Galway city from Maynooth, where I was used to playing two games of soccer a week on the astroturf. Suffering some seious withdrawal symptoms at the moment as a result. :(

Just wondering if there are any groups that play on a regular basis looking for an extra player.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Salthill Devon have great facilities http://www.salthilldevon.ie/index.asp
    Mind you im not sure what the story is with regarding joining a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks alot. The facilities look pretty good.

Sure if I go over that far and stand about with a sad face on, someone might take pity on me and offer me a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I think that there is an evening astra league that runs in Galway with a couple of divisions. It's probably mainly companies that play but there may be some teams that need players.

On the non-competitive side of things there are plenty of groups with weekly pitch bookings who could take an extra player. I used to play in a company soccer evening and we had a few other people we knew who came along. Ask around with people you meet or work with - theres bound to be someone who can point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 retro boy

New astro pitches in Renmore "Astrobay" you should be able to get a game up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A lot has changed in the 5 years since the OP was posted :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please don't dig up old threads. Here's a recent one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74287041

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement