Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

lcd projector input problem help

• 06-10-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

just bought new projector and setting up last night i noticed there is no coaxial input on the monitor, i want to, it has : scart hdmi, rgb, s video,vga.. i want to put standard ntl coaxial lead to it,, plase suggest ways i can connect...

can i take a scart from tv into the projector?

help

ronan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

NTL coax is a broadcast signal, as such it needs a tuner to get a video signal. Most projectors don't have analogue tuners so you'll need a device that has one.

Probably the simplest thing to use would be an old VCR, doesn't matter if the actual tape functions work, you'll be using just the tuner. You'll need a way of getting sound from the VCR to a set of speakers also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i don't think i have ever seen a projector with a tuner..as ph said...vcr is probably your easiest bet. given that you are using a projecter..you may want to think about a pvr..a pc would make a nice scaler, could put a capture card into it, use it as a pvr, then feed the digital signal to the projector.

Advertisement