Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Unauthorised transactions

Options
  • 06-10-2006 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with Clearwire(besides the obvious sh*te service). I was on hols for 2 weeks and cam back to find they had made 6 withdrawals from my credit card for september. Reported it to them last Friday and then on Monday another withdrawl occurred. I received only 1 invoice at the very beginning of Septemeber.
    I'm chasing them all week and they still dont have an answer as to how this happened or what they are doing to give me my money back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I terminated my contract with them cos I was moving out of their service area.
    I even dropped into their (unmarked) building to give them back their modem.
    3 weeks after terminating another months bill was deducted from my credit card.

I rang them up and they said it was a standard charge, I asked to speak to his team leader, the team leader said she would apply the credit back

moral of story, always ask to speak to a manager

Their broadband service is ok, their customer service is s**t

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Cork Exile wrote:
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with Clearwire(besides the obvious sh*te service). I was on hols for 2 weeks and cam back to find they had made 6 withdrawals from my credit card for september. Reported it to them last Friday and then on Monday another withdrawl occurred. I received only 1 invoice at the very beginning of Septemeber.
    I'm chasing them all week and they still dont have an answer as to how this happened or what they are doing to give me my money back.

Have you contacted your credit card company about this behaviour and asked for a chargeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh gawd... I signed up with them in August and haven't received a bill yet. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they've done the same to my credit card. Will check and let ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I cancelled my Clearire contract by mutual consent with them in July
    Since then they have sent me a bill every month, despite my protestations!

This month is the first time they didn't issue me with a bill... instead they just charged my credit card instead! I just noticed this on my AIB 24-hour online earlier... so i suggest any ex-clearwire customers check their Credit Cards bills asap!

I'm going to be having very strong words with their customer service dept first thing tomor!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The fraud squad could be informed if this is a pattern of fraudulent withdrawals

• Advertisement
Advertisement