Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Speeds

Options
  • 06-10-2006 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

Hi. Hoping people can tell me what kind of download speeds they get from their BT broadband. I have a 2Mb connection and tend to get a maximum of 60kbps. I was really hoping for a lot more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 malcoolm

did u check www.numion.com . there u can test ur int speed

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

when i check my speed on numion, i get a DL speed of 63.36 kilobyte/sec. Is there anything i can do to increase my DL speed, which i assume should be around 220k.

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nothing you can do, I'd imagine BT could verify for you what the craic is, what your line's prequalification speed is, etc, and maybe get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Thanks. I think BT have said I'm in an "orange area", as regards connection quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

thats the reason then, 220KB can only be expected at high line quality (excluding the overheads) it should be 200KB if the line was perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

gnolan wrote:
    Thanks. I think BT have said I'm in an "orange area", as regards connection quality
    On your Zyxel Modem, you can check your line by clicking on the Maintenance menu, and then selecting Disgnostics, and then DSL line. This will tell you about the quality of the signal that your modem is receiving.

The Diagnostic screen will show you the Line attenuation (low is good - numbers over 50 are bad) and SNR (high is good - numbers under 10 are bad).

Advertisement