Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

affenpinschers...

Options
  • 06-10-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

hey,
    i've been thinking about buying a small dog for a while now and i think an affenpinscher would suit best..
    now i'm looking to buy a pup but i've been searching online for a while and the closest breeder i can find is in england..
    anybody know if there are there any affenpinscher breeders in ireland?

also, what would be the total start-up cost for the first month? would 1000euro be enough?

any other help/resources/links appreciated as this will be my first dog, thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hi,

as far as I remember Affen - and Miniature Pinscher are the same breed.Why not give the IKC a bell? Surely, they must know whether or not this breed is being bred here in Ireland?

All Ireland Toy Dog Club
    Ms L. Mills, Rooves More, Coachford, Co. Cork, (021-7331803)

Just make sure that whomever you buy the dog from has had the parents health screened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

hey, thanks for the number..

i doubt affenpinschers are the same breed as miniature pinschers though, they look very different from the pics i've seen..

is that number a business number or a number to a house that i could call at anytime?

also, what do you mean when you say make sure the parents health is screened? make sure it comes with appropriate papers??

i've just bought a fairly detailed book from amazon about how to manage/look after the pup when/if i get it so any info in the meantime would be appreciated as i know very little about them :o

thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Sorry, my mistake, I meant the Rehpinscher and the Miniature Pinscher are the same :s.

Affenpinscher are prone to slipped stifle, fractures, eye ulcers, respiratory difficulties amongst other things.

Following are health screenings performed on breeding Affenpinscher adults (choosing a puppy from a breeder who tests parents for health can help avoid future health problems in your puppy):
    Hip Dysplasia (OFA or PennHIP)
    CERF Screening (Canine Eye Research Foundation)
    Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease (by X-Ray)
    Patellar Luxation Test - OFA

All this tests results are given to the breeder in writing, you need to ask beforehand if they haven them and if you can see them.

Advertisement