Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Knocklyon?

Options
  • 06-10-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Where is Knocklyon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Out past Rathfarnham on the way to Tallaght. Need help finding it?Where would you be heading from to get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Between Firhouse and Ballyboden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

No I know where it is. I live about 10 mins from it. I just wanted to see if anyone would say it's in Tallaght, because I'm assuming it is ? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Ok just looked it up on mt GPS system and it says it's Dublin 16, so not Tallaght :o, luckily enough for me I didn't wager and money on this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's Templeogue officially, but it's so large now, it's pretty much an entity in its own right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its the back of tallaght alright, but they'll never say it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Knocklyon is 3 miles from Tallaght. Firhouse comes before Tallaght.

seamus wrote:
    Depending on your direction of travel. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its still a ****hole though.

seamus wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, obviously not a maths major :D , and firhouse was built aftertallaght and they tried the dublin 16 thing too.

knocklyons closer to tallaght than tempelogue, deal with it. i used to walk from my house in tallaght to knocklyon when there was a computer game club up there that rented out games and while im quite fit there no way in hell i or my mates would walk six miles for that.

• Advertisement

firhouse was built aftertallaght
    Firhouse and Tallaght were not "built". They are areas and were there long before any urban sprawl reached them.

The Neighbourhood of Dublin by Weston St John Joyce (1913) page 179 -quote: "Immediately beyond Delaforde House is Firhouse, containing little of interest" :D

Firhouse and Tallaght were not "built". They are areas and were there long before any urban sprawl reached them.

The Neighbourhood of Dublin by Weston St John Joyce (1913) page 179 -quote: "Immediately beyond Delaforde House is Firhouse, containing little of interest" :D

oh i know , tallaght stretches back over 1200 years if memory serves , and thats just the religious settlements. the book of invasions says its actually the first settling place of the first people to come to ireland in antiquity and took the island from the formorians . i meant the housing side of things:D

Advertisement