Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems getting/staying online with clearwire

Options
  • 06-10-2006 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have had Clearwire for almost a year, with no problems until a month ago, when I started losing my online connection. IE wouldn't work at all; I can still get online sometimes with Firefox. Have talked to Clearwire techs several times and they have all attempted to be helpful but have been unable to find the problem. Finally, one said that it sounded like my network card was bad. I took my computer to Best Buy and two of their techs went over it with a fine tooth comb and found no problems. They also got online (not clearwire) with no problem. The local clearwire service has already given me a new, sealed-in-the-box modem and ethernet cable. I talked to a tech for a while last night and the only thing he could come up with was that maybe the NEW modem is bad. Sometimes I will be able to stay online for quite a long time, other times I lose the connection in just a few minutes. Usually, unplugging the power and ethernet cables to the modem for a few seconds will enable me to get back online, for a while. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there a fix? Unfortunately, I still have a year to go on my clearwire contract. I live in California, if that is of any help. I would appreciate any information I can get about this.:(

Advertisement