Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Napster in College

Options
  • 03-02-2001 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm in college in Trinity,Dublin and want to take advantage of the crazy transfer speeds(Up to 300 kb/sec at off peak hours!).But the LAN network won't allow us to install any new programs,and I can' figure a way to get Napster on.Any ideas or alternatives?It would be incredible if i could get it going.

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
    -Bertrand Russell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Trinity ?
    *BOO* HISS
    wink.gif

I think they'd block the port that Napster uses but I'd be inclined to think that most people abuse the system.

Nil Desperandum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

napster wont work from any normal machine within Trinity, you need a pc with external access on all ports..
    dont the networkin society in there have external access from their machine?
    if so get an account on it and go run napster on that box.

Advertisement