Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help planning driving route.

Options
  • 06-10-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey all,

Im not sure if this is the place for this but i've recently move to ballyfermot & and bought my first car. Im working out on st margrets road in finglass just up from the village and am trying to work out best driving route. i start work at 9 so i know traffic will always be there.

So if anyone has some experience and would know a good route please share.

P.S Im a learner driver & still not best at directions so be discriptive,

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

AA roadwatch have a route planner and you can opt to avoid motorways etc if thats any use! You just put in your starting point and destination?

Not far from St Margarets but dont know Ballyfermott at all sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, this crowd will be able to help you better. Good luck on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Get the dublin map book from a garage or an easons, I think its about €10, and its on like the 5th edition...I'd suggest cutting under the N4, through chapelizod and the Phoenix park, to come out at castleknock, you have two options at this point. One, come out onto castleknock main street and then out onto the N3 at the roundabout just the city side of the M50, go through that roundabout onto Dunsink lane which runs alongside the M50 then past the observatory into finglas. Or else, to come out of the Phoenix Park at the other end of Castleknock Village at the next roundabout towards the city on the N3, go straight through that and down by Ashtown train station, onto river road and into Finglas.

You'll need a map though. Or, download Google earth here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

www.aaroadwatch.ie route planner

Advertisement