Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online games for crap pc's

Options
  • 06-10-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

I have a decent desktop at home, but no broadband, I have broadband in the flat i stay in whilst working, but only a crappy laptop. (p111 256Mb, 30Gb, ati 128M graphics, probably shared - dont know) havent really done any online gaming since diablo 2 and starcraft.

Are there any decent online games out there that I could play using my "sure it'll do to surf the net in blanch" laptop ideally something along the lines of starcraft or diablo.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭loki_atwa

check out urbandead.com free online mmorpg, im hopelessly addicted or try abondonia.com for free abondon ware games like syndicate which has never aged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

128MB shared?

Link to us to exact specs of laptop, Bf2 would run on thta with a bit of tweaking so you not that far behind

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Defcon should run on your machine I reckon. Very addictive too. If you purchase it off the net its only a small download too so you can play in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there's still all the HL1 mods that are still popular (DOD and Counter Strike.)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

pred racer wrote:
    Are there any decent online games out there that I could play using my "sure it'll do to surf the net in blanch" laptop ideally something along the lines of starcraft or diablo.

Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure I've played Starcraft on a P2, 5GB, Intel 2MB Graphic Card... so you should be grand.

=-=

Also, get Doom2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

I'm pretty drunk so fogive me
    Day of Defeat
    Counterstrike
    Unreal Tournament
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

here is a link to my lappy, Ive got a bigger hard drive and more memory, and it looks like ive got a better video card than I first thought too.
    This will play starcraft no problem (checked last night)

http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/notebooks/0,39023985,10000056,00.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Get http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/ that

Upodate your drivers and you can play most games.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Anarchy online and the core game is free and can be dl in a legal torrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Second life, "Residents of one of the Internet's most populous virtual worlds shop, attend class—even run businesses. Soon you may do the same."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Thanks for all the help, ill be back to the auld "sure isnt 2 hours of sleep enough for anyone, ill just have one more go.":D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There's still lots of good games you can play on that.

Fps

Counterstrike
    Day of deafeat
    Quake 3
    Deus Ex (fps with rpg elements, great single player game)

Rpg

Any of the Elder scroll series pre oblivion should run on it no problem. Your a little bit over the min specs for morrowwind.
    Dungeon siege

Rts

Starcraft
    Warcraft 3
    Cossacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Wolfenstein Enemy terrority MIGHT work at a decent fps. Its free..
    http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;852002;;/fileinfo.html

Planetside, maybe.. also free ...until april next year...
    www.planetside.com/reserves

Advertisement