Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meteor prepay validity

• 06-10-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

what is the validity of a meteor prepay sim card ie how long will it be active without recharging? six or 12 months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

flodis79 wrote:
    what is the validity of a meteor prepay sim card ie how long will it be active without recharging? six or 12 months?

6 i believe before it will not allow you to make outbound calls and 12 before you lose inbound.

That happened to me about three years ago - I rang them and they said they would reactivate it and to just top up with any amount within 48 hrs.

Things may have changed in three years though so a second opinion is required here i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's exactly as Blackdragon says.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i dunno, was on to meteor customer service two weeks ago, and afair tis six months before you lose out going calls, one further month and you lose all inbound and your number goes into quarrantine and will be recycled after 2 (or 3?) years. You must top up by 10 euro to reactivate it. i dont know how you go about reactivating when it's in quarrantine

Tree wrote:
    i dunno, was on to meteor customer service two weeks ago, and afair tis six months before you lose out going calls, one further month and you lose all inbound and your number goes into quarrantine and will be recycled after 2 (or 3?) years. You must top up by 10 euro to reactivate it. i dont know how you go about reactivating when it's in quarrantine

you could be right - as i said its been a while for me and im on Billpay with them now.
    I will put the question to there customer service team and see what comes back.

I emailed info@meteor.ie last night regarding this issue and the following is what i recieved back from them.

Thanks for your email. If it has been suspended for 6 months or more, it will be terminated. Once an account has been terminated it cannot be re-activated.

Contact us with any further queries on free phone 1905 or info@meteor.ie.
    Regards,

This does not seem correct to me but maybe im wrong.
    This is either to do with meteors bad customer service not having a clue as to what is going on or else thing have really changed since i was on pre-pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Terms & Conditions

13. Suspension of Services

We may terminate or suspend the Services wholly or partially at any time at our option and particularly
      If you fail to purchase and use a minimum of €10 call credit at least once every 6 months. You may lose any call credit remaining at the time the Services are suspended. If the Services are discontinued for this reason you may opt to have the suspension lifted within one month and a fee may apply. If the suspension is not lifted within 30 days Meteor may unilaterally terminate this Agreement without notice and in this instance Meteor will be entitled to ascribe your existing number to another customer or your original Network Operator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

To clarify.

You buy sim. You don't top up for the first 6 months. You can no longer make outgoing calls or ring 1741. You can only ring customer care. You should also receive a text telling you to top up.

6 months later, your account is put into Quarantine. It is then available to be recycled. Once the number is recycled, your account is Terminated, and you cannot get the same number back again unless you happen to find a sim card with the same number :)

Advertisement