Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Unsecured" loans..

Options
  • 06-10-2006 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hello.

I've seen a few ads for both business and personal loans which mention they are "unsecured". Surely that doesn't mean what it suggests?

And stop calling me Shirley...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dutz

xha1r wrote:
    Hello.

I've seen a few ads for both business and personal loans which mention they are "unsecured". Surely that doesn't mean what it suggests?

And stop calling me Shirley...

UNSEURED LOANS BASICALLY MEAN YOU DONT HAVE A HOUSE TO BACK UP AS COLATERAL . . . SO YES IT IS WAT IT SUGGESTS. . . . WAT DID YU THINK IT MEANT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is based on the borrowers credit rather than collateral I think. The interest rate will be higher because the risk for the lender is higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

Calm down on the capitals there mate...

What I'm asking is if a limited company were to borrow €25,000 based on projected, and realistic first year earnings of €40,000. If that didn't happen, and it turned out the comapny would be unable to repay the loan, would the outstanding amount be covered by the companies limited liability?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

xha1r wrote:
    would the outstanding amount be covered by the companies limited liability?
    Yes, but default on the loan and the company would get a very negative credit rating and probably wouldn't even be let open up a deposit account any time soon.

Advertisement